FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro - to buy or not to buy?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Kuzelicki
Intensity Pro - to buy or not to buy?
on Jun 13, 2007 at 10:05:52 am

Hi,

I'm thinking of taking some 'online advice' and buying this package - a Benq FP241W monitor and an Intensity Pro card. Apparently, I can then output via HDMI for a truly accurate view of my HD footage whilst editing.

I've been doing a bit of research and, actually in this forum, I noticed that there might be an audio synch issue. As the monitor (I'm about to buy) doesn't have audio, I'll be hearing sound directly from my Mac-connected speakers.

It's a worry that I therefore might not be able to edit the sound and picture together accurately.

So I guess my question is, "Is this really going to be an issue?" or is the problem an uncommon one.

Currently, I have two computer monitors that I use to split up tools and viewing windows (in FCP and After Effects). Not sure how the audio/picture synch problem would play out eg. would it match up on my computer monitors but not on the HDMI one?

If so, I guess I could live with that, as the HDMI monitor would be mainly for checking the image quality anyway.

If someone could provide some guidance, before I buy myself into some trouble, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks kindly,

ALEX

Return to posts index

Adam Portnoy
Re: Intensity Pro - to buy or not to buy?
on Jun 13, 2007 at 5:22:16 pm

As long as the analog and HDMI outputs are in sync from the card, you just need to be able to hook up the analog audio output to your speakers through a mixer or switcher.

When I had the Kona card, all of my system audio and sound output was through the card. I would assume you could do the same with the Intensity Pro but I don't have one.

- Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]