FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDlink w/ Dell 24", can't adjust contrast

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saddler
HDlink w/ Dell 24", can't adjust contrast
on Jun 15, 2006 at 6:28:45 pm

I purchased a 24" Dell to use with a HDLink at the advice of many others who seemed pleased with this setup. I'm pleased with the functionality, but I can't adjust the contrast of the Dell when it's connected via DVI. I guess if I had it connected as a monitor to my Mac, I would adjust the contrast through the OS. Blackmagic, could you please consider adding support for adjusting the contrast of the monitor connected to the HDLink? I do a lot of editing in 720p so there is a lot of empty black space around the image, but this doesn't display as black. Because the contrast isn't high enough the pixels are lit up some and when the image within the 1280x720 space is moving, the "black" area around it flickers really bad. There must be some way to rectify this. I'm really surprised that noone else mentioned this as a problem with this setup.

Return to posts index

Kevin Wild
Re: HDlink w/ Dell 24", can't adjust contrast
on Jun 16, 2006 at 6:28:03 am

I mentioned it several times. Nobody replied about it. Specifically, you can load "look up" tables and I cannot believe that BM doesn't ship the one for the Dell monitor. Also, not sure how much work it'd be to just add a black, white & contrast levels adjustment on the utility.

KW

Return to posts index

Borjis
on Jun 16, 2006 at 4:00:53 pm

I've posted this here once before. It's a lookup table I use to
make my Dell 24" LCD look as close as it can to my SDI CRT monitor.
It was made on a multibridge extreme but it should work for HDLINK.

http://www.rexpost.com/sdimonitor.txt

Return to posts index

Saddler
on Jun 16, 2006 at 5:50:27 pm

Borjis, thanks for sharing the table. I'm using it with the HDLink right now and it looks really good. However, the lookup tables only affect what's in the viewable area, in my case the middle half of my monitor (when viewing 720p on a 24"). The outer area around that still needs to have the contrast raised to kill the flickering caused by the monitor's default blacks which aren't black enough.

Return to posts index

Saltbalk
on Jul 20, 2006 at 3:54:59 pm

Hi

I also have had problem with calibrating my Dell 2405 from Hdlink, but now I finally have found a setting I'm pleased with.
I have a Spyder2 Pro Calibrator for calibrating my computer monitors, and I can therefor use my computer monitors as a reference when adjusting my 2405.
Here's how I did it:
First I lowered the brightness to 0 on the monitor. This is done by pressing the minus button (second left from the on/off button), which brings up the on screen display where you can do the adjustment.
Then I loaded the lookup table mentioned earlier in this thread: http://www.rexpost.com/sdimonitor.txt
I then raised the gamma from 1.00 to 1.40 on all 3 colors.

Now the picture on my 2405 is almost identical to my computer monitor, probably as close as it can get.

Return to posts index

vx2000
on Dec 1, 2007 at 4:46:53 pm

Could someone please repost the HDLINK lookup table for the DEL 2405 that was posted here.
The link below is no longer working.
http://www.rexpost.com/sdimonitor.txt

Thank you,
Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]