FORUMS: list search recent posts

What graphics card do I need with the DeckLink HD Pro 4:4:4 for 3 monitors?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CinePost
What graphics card do I need with the DeckLink HD Pro 4:4:4 for 3 monitors?
on Sep 28, 2005 at 10:49:15 pm

Since I supposedly can't use my spare Matrox Parhelia with my new Decklink card, which card will give me dual monitor, plus a video out....or what should I be doing? I have a Sony BVM1910 with SD-SDI in.

Return to posts index

Barend Onneweer
Re: What graphics card do I need with the DeckLink HD Pro 4:4:4 for 3 monitors?
on Sep 29, 2005 at 9:40:48 pm

Well, since you'd be using the Decklink for your video out, any card with 2 monitor outputs will work.

I'd recommend going with nVidia chips. I'm very happy with my 6800GT board.

Bar3nd

Forum COWmunity leader for:
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS
MAGIC BULLET SUITE
INDIE FILM & DOCUMENTARY

Return to posts index

Bill Buchanan
on Sep 30, 2005 at 12:50:48 am

I am aware that BMD does not recommend nor "supports" Matrox cards, but I've been running a 128mb Parhelia with no problems whatsoever since I installed a BMD Extreme many, many months ago.

Just for the hell of it, you might want to try the Parhelia.

Bill Buchanan
Buchanan Film Co.

Return to posts index

CinePost
on Oct 12, 2005 at 9:44:23 pm

Bill,

We got the parhelia and had to install the Decklink HD first with a different graphics car though....then we installed the matrox card and it seems to work fine.

I have a Premiere question.....we just did our first capture from DigiBeta. About a 65 minute clip. It takes five minutes to load the clip onto the timeline, and when we do a cut, it wants to do another 5 minutes of loading. What could we have done wrong with our batch settings so that this happens. We haven't used Premiere before, only Speed Razor with Digisuite.

I will confess that our disk array is not here yet, but we have a pretty fast 300gig SATA drive...although only two of them and they are not striped.

Return to posts index

CinePost
Why does a clip in Premiere with HD 4:4:4 take forever to load on the timeline?
on Oct 12, 2005 at 9:52:59 pm

I have a Premiere with Decklink HD 4:4:4 question.....we just did our first capture from DigiBeta. About a 65 minute clip. It takes five minutes to load the clip onto the timeline, and when we do a cut, it wants to do another 5 minutes of loading. What could we have done wrong with our batch settings so that this happens. We haven't used Premiere before, only Speed Razor with Digisuite.

It is a brand new HPxw8200 dual xeon, I will confess that our disk array is not here yet, but we have a pretty fast 300gig SATA drive...although only two of them and they are not striped. It seems we cannot do any cutting without a slow load delay either.....really weird. My young editor said that we just need to batch all clips to be 5 minutes or less.

Anyone ever hear of a setup or configuration that I could have done wrong? What should my preferences be with batch settings, etc?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]