FORUMS: list search recent posts

Picture in picture effects in Legal deposition

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Morfesis
Picture in picture effects in Legal deposition
on May 23, 2018 at 2:25:38 pm

Iam looking for a switcher that legal videographers are using for picture in picture effect in depositions.
There are a lot of them out there, but I was wandering if there is one specific that most legal videographers use.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Picture in picture effects in Legal deposition
on May 23, 2018 at 4:45:02 pm

There is nothing special about a particular make or model of switcher for this kind of function. Your choice comes down to how much flexibility you need, and how you intend to use it.

You can use either a broadcast switcher, ( as long as it has enough fx buses, ) or a security camera type multi-image display processor, which can do various splits of two, four, six, or more sources combined onto one screen. Or even a multimedia display system designed for live stage work, can process incoming video and scale/arrange it for projection or view on screens. Put a recorder in the signal chain between the unit and the monitor, and you have a multi-split recording.

Return to posts index

Roger Van Duyn
Re: Picture in picture effects in Legal deposition
on May 25, 2018 at 6:55:49 pm

I don't deliver the finished video of the depositions on the same day. When I've needed to add exhibits such as emails, maps, photos, diagrams etc., I just use my NLE software to do it. I use Avid, but Premiere, FC, Lightworks, Edius all have robust Picture in Picture capabilities. In fact most recent consumer programs do as well. Chances are the NLE you are using will handle it fine.

Of course, most of my depos the witnesses are physicians and they just pick up a model of the spine and point to the area. Ditto the knee.

I haven't run into a need for any specialized hardware for picture in picture, unless you are streaming the deposition. I haven't had to do that yet. But I did have a recent depo where the plaintiff attorney questioned the witness over Skype.

Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]