FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is $250/minute for whiteboard animation worth it?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Clark
Is $250/minute for whiteboard animation worth it?
on Sep 18, 2017 at 9:05:20 am

Hello,

I am looking to have a whiteboard animation done, as all the top (Clickbank) sellers in my niche have such a sales page.
I found a seller on oDesk, with testimonials of past projects(whiteboard animation) done for top sellers.
But he charges at $250/minute of whiteboard video...

Do you think it is worth it?Please help me out.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Is $250/minute for whiteboard animation worth it?
on Sep 29, 2017 at 2:40:40 pm

There are several levels of whiteboard animation, and different techniques; some of them fast and cheesy, others take a lot of manual labor and time but give a good-looking final result. The ones RSA does, for example are high-end. You can also use the cheap plug-ins like Scribe or whatever, which are easier for a non-artist to use, but isn't all that customize-able. And the cheaply-done versions of this technique have kind of burned-out the uniqueness of it, to the point that it's cliché now.

And it's not enough just to be able to animate the builds of doodles - it takes actual graphic design skill to "cartoon" the audio track, deciding what individual elements to detail, giving them expression and character, and what text and color effects to add and what the camera moves are going to be. So a person hand-animating actual drawings on whiteboard or tablet SHOULD be charging a lot for it. $250 per finished minute, in that context, sounds like a bargain to me.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Is $250/minute for whiteboard animation worth it?
on Dec 6, 2017 at 2:21:37 am

That is a steal. I had a 5 minute project and the company here in Madison, WI TruScribe (they sort of invented the technique) were well over $7000 to create it.

A lot of planning and illustrating goes into these. They have a very formulated but custom workflow.

You can't get to the recording phase and not have a well thought out series of images to convey the message. Worse, you can't get to post and realize you needed another scene!

Much more involved and probably more talent involved than a regular video shoot.

I'd love to see their work and give them a go, but at that rate it sounds like a sweat shop!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]