FORUMS: list search recent posts

Credits, Logos and/or Watermarks in Corporate Video

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Johnson
Credits, Logos and/or Watermarks in Corporate Video
on Aug 19, 2016 at 12:57:49 am

I am loving this site by the way!
I am actually wondering about etiquette for a video production and editing company adding their company logo, company intro or company name throughout videos edited, in-house for corporate clients. Is it okay or is it gauche.

My gut says to not do it. I am thinking proper etiquette maybe just adding an editing credit on the credit roll. Only most of these videos are for their website video content or for students to watch online for school credits; meaning they normally do not have a credit roll.

What do you think?
http://www.AudioVisualRenting.com

Bruce Johnson
A.V. Rental Services, inc.
4039 Comly Street
Philadelphia, PA 19135
http://audiovisualrenting.com/
bruce@audiovisualrenting.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Credits, Logos and/or Watermarks in Corporate Video
on Aug 19, 2016 at 3:22:24 pm

It's not normal to promote the production company in any way, unless the client company suggests they want that. This is because the client company likes to project a sort of monolithic personality/corporate identity, that this came from within the company, not from an outside supplier.

Another reason can be that customers are loathe to tell their competitors anything about their suppliers. A rival might then hire you away from them.

There will always be exceptions, as in cases where the prodco has enough cachet on it's own that mentioning it actually adds to the prestige of the project. But as a general rule, your gut is right about this one: tres gauche.

The more appropriate place for this kind of self-promotion is your promo reels, and you should always have a clause in your contracts or deal memos, allowing the use of a representative snippet of the client's project for the Portfolio. Sans any confidential information, of course. You may have to show it without the audio, for example.

Return to posts index

Bruce Johnson
Re: Credits, Logos and/or Watermarks in Corporate Video
on Aug 19, 2016 at 3:27:08 pm

Those were my thoughts Mark. Thanks for the response.
Your response reminds me. Most of our reels are highlighting the gear from the rental side of our business. I need to put together a new production or editing reel.

Bruce Johnson
A.V. Rental Services, inc.
4039 Comly Street
Philadelphia, PA 19135
A.V. Rental Services, Inc. Website
bruce@audiovisualrenting.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]