FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shopping Mall presentation Video

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali QuintanaShopping Mall presentation Video
by on Jun 11, 2016 at 3:41:53 pm

Hi Every one,

I need to produce a shopping mall video, I foresee white balance problems as the place is loaded with different
colors light and also big windows wth dayligh shining in.

What would be the best camera for choice, we do prefer normally the Black Magic or Scarlet, but they are not great
in low light which is why im considering a different camera for this.

We will have to move around a lot, so I am not sure how that would work out with carrying light etc.

Anny suuggestions will be very welcome...

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Shopping Mall presentation Video
by on Jun 15, 2016 at 8:35:14 pm

Camera isn't the issue:

You need to bring along the right lighting gear to deal with the differences in color temperature. I'd suggest balancing for daylight and bringing an LED fill ; where local practical sources are tungsten, they'll add a bit of golden glow but that should actually help.

You also need a ton of advance legal clearances from the mall owners to shoot there. What a specific store owner says doesn't mean anything until mall management gets its say-so.

Return to posts index

Ali QuintanaRe: Shopping Mall presentation Video
by on Jun 16, 2016 at 3:56:45 am

thank you for the advice, Actually the owners of the mall commissioned us to do the filming, but we can not set up lights we heard later....

besides, the place is so big that I would have to fill up the place with JOKER lights or similar lights as many shots will be wide angle shots. Wisj I could bring in the light sets though. Im stuck trying to plan this.

We did reside on the Sony A7sii with an external ninja to film in proress.
color correction we will do in davinci.

Still, any more advice will really be appreciated...

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Shopping Mall presentation Video
by on Jun 17, 2016 at 12:59:44 pm

The statement "cannot set up lights" makes me think that the mall management doesn't want the standard lights set up due to liability for people tripping over stands, cables, etc.

That's not to say that you can't utilize some hand-held LEDs for strategic highlights - you're not going to get any really long throw, but they might help kick things up. Also think about utilizing the sun in your favor - I've seen some really dramatic footage that was shot in malls when the sun was just right.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Ali QuintanaRe: Shopping Mall presentation Video
by on Jun 17, 2016 at 3:32:43 pm

Correct, the shots required should be of busy hours, with lots of people. So lots of wide shots. To light things properly i would need big light setup I feel.

See the photo attached, there is a lot of daylight shinning in. But I am worried about the evening shots for the
white balance.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Shopping Mall presentation Video
by on Jun 21, 2016 at 1:50:00 pm

You are definitely going to need to be on top of shifting color temperatures as you shoot. If you're going for the look that's in the still, you'll be hard pressed to get the same look as the afternoon goes on. But notice the can lights in the ceiling areas - these may help you out (check their color temperature - the one throwing on the wall looks a bit warm). If there's enough light from them and you can get people walking through the pools of light they throw, they may help you out. The shot may be more dramatic than the evenly lit still you provided, but sometimes that's a good thing. You might even want to play on this by (if you're booked for a full day) playing on the change of light, and shooting from a marked position at all times of day - this could be a good creative approach.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]