FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video with 3'x3' display cards

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel ZamoraVideo with 3'x3' display cards
by on Oct 13, 2014 at 6:00:18 pm

I'm doing a video next month where 60 employees each hold up a 3'x 3' card to an overhead camera. Together, the cards create an image. They then bring the cards down, flip the cards and raise it again to create another image.

I am trying to figure out how the employees can hold up the cards without having their fingers peek through the sides. I'd like the cards to come as close together as possible.

I thought about adding handles, but that won't work since we have to flip the cards, and the handles would obstruct the image.

I was wondering if any one has done this type of work and had any tips, or could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Miguel Zamora

Return to posts index

Bill DavisRe: Video with 3'x3' display cards
by on Oct 14, 2014 at 6:48:07 am

I think you may be over thinking this.

Assuming you want an even grid, you're gonna be shooting what? a 10x6 array?

At 3 feet a sign, that's a 30 foot wide grouping. The camera to display distance suggests to me that the inter-card space won't be all that critical.

But if it bothers you I'd take some heavy cord or trickline and tape a string loop to the narrow edge of each side of each sign. Then the user just holds the string loop rather than the card edge.

My 2 cents.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Video with 3'x3' display cards
by on Oct 14, 2014 at 1:58:03 pm

Are the cards going to have actual artwork on them, or just be chromakey green, in which case, putting a handle or knob on the back is easy.

Return to posts index

Miguel ZamoraRe: Video with 3'x3' display cards
by on Dec 16, 2014 at 5:11:05 pm

I kept it simple and had them hold the cards by the sides. Thank you everyone for your input!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved