FORUMS: list search recent posts

Who should you look for in a company to commission a video?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Owain Hopkins
Who should you look for in a company to commission a video?
on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:34:31 pm

Hello,

I have recently started my own video production business.

I'm becoming a big fan of Linkedin but am wondering who to search for within a company who would be in charge of commissoning videos to be made? i.e. Their job title?

I am in the U.K so specific to here would be great

Thank you,

Owain

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Who should you look for in a company to commission a video?
on Aug 21, 2014 at 4:46:48 pm

Human resources (for training needs) and their Communications or Public Relations office. (everything else)

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Aug 21, 2014 at 9:33:14 pm

We discussed this in depth a few years ago on the Business & Marketing COW. (Please visit us and search the archived posts.)

The long and short of it is that, while Mark is correct on his suggestions, it goes deeper and can be different in different companies. For example, we get work mostly from people in charge of sales: Sales Directors, VP of Sales and, occasionally company Presidents. The key is to find the need and be the one who provides them with a lot of ideas.

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo Jørgensen
on Aug 27, 2014 at 9:01:44 am

Hey Owain,

Listen to Mark and Nick's advice - very good.

However, I would suggest caution in regards to using LinkedIn for a direct approach to anyone that you are not familiar with. After all it is a Business Social Media Network, which core idea is (was?) that of introductions and referrals from known people (word of mouth).

LinkedIn is a great tool for researching who to contact, but you may find that you initially are better off picking up the yellow pages and the phone to any and all local companies of a certain size to find out whether they use video and who commissions them.

If you're nice, you'll soon find that most front-of-house staff will be happy to help you. Once you've got a name, then you can reach out either on email or by LinkedIn - just make sure that you have something tangible to show, and demonstrate that you have researched the company that you want to provide services for.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

Eddie Justo
on Sep 9, 2014 at 8:04:42 am

Personally, I love Linkedin as a networking platform. I have met many interesting people and businesses through it.

People I normally focus on are:

1. CEO's
2. Marketing Managers
3. Fundraising Directors
4. HR
5. Coaches
6. Sales people
7. Nonprofits
8. Event Organisers
9. Promotors

I know this is a bit broad but the list is never ending. Even if you don't make a sale, remember word of mouth is extremely powerful.

Media Challenge Productions video production company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]