FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purchasing music for corporate videos

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley WhitesidePurchasing music for corporate videos
by on May 29, 2014 at 3:32:17 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post on COW, so please go gently on me.

In short, I produce a mix of internal videos with a private audience of 200 employees, and videos that go on our public website / YouTube that could be seen by many hundreds or thousand soy people.

And I would like to start adding music tracks to them - nothing too flashy or recent if I can help it. So no puff diddly etc but nevertheless music that has been professionally produced and released. I'm aware there are royalty free websites that I could visit but I'm not entirely sure that there's not a catch along the way if I used them, especially for our public videos.

So the question is - for someone like me who's just starting out putting music tracks on videos where should I go / read / do to get the ball rolling.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Purchasing music for corporate videos
by on May 29, 2014 at 4:33:20 pm

For your kind of application, I recommend using Smart Sound Sonic Fire Pro. Lets you customize tracks to any specific length in a couple of clicks, then tailor the style to match the message. It's based on loops that the software plugs together for you, to build up the song, based on your input. You usually get several variations of the cut, as well as versions within those versions that customize in terms of the instrumentation, so you can make a version designed as a title piece, then another that is built to play underneath a voiceover narration, without conflicting with the human vocal range. That is dynamite. You need not have any musical background to use it, and there are no rights issues once you buy the software and the loop libraries that feed it. if you don't want to buy a lot of libraries up front, you can use the software online to buy specific tracks. if you can't afford a staff composer, this is a great value. i use it just about every week.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Purchasing music for corporate videos
by on May 29, 2014 at 5:09:31 pm

Here are some others: - WOW pricing on full disks (****) - $40 cuts $125 $276

Read their license agreements to be sure that you can put what you "purchase*" on the internet.

*- You're not really purchasing music, you are licensing it, and this is important, PER project. In other words with most of these sources you cannot use the same music on a second project without paying again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved