FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Release for School Testimonial

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake DavisMedia Release for School Testimonial
by on May 7, 2014 at 12:52:03 am

I've been hired by a corporate company to go into a school that is using their product and get a testimonial from the teachers and students in the school.

However I've never done a project in a school where you have lots of children without parents present.

Does anyone have any experience with this or recommendations on:
A. How to get the children's parents to sign the releases
B. How to organize who has and who hasn't signed a release so that you can make sure those who haven't don't end up on camera?
C. Do you have a form you have used yourself that worked for you, that you wouldn't mind sharing?

We will be filming in two weeks so I would like to send the forms over to the teachers/principals as soon as possible.

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Media Release for School Testimonial
by on May 7, 2014 at 9:03:45 am

Hey Blake,

That depends on where you are based and how public the video will be?

For example: In the UK you and the crew will not get pass the school-gate unless you've all been DBS checked ( In most instances when filming in a UK school one is not allowed to film close-ups or recognising shots in play-ground and other public areas. Unless explicitly agreed, one cannot identify the school either by name or location.

A) Work with the school and teachers to get the forms produced and signed. As in that they may already have a blanket agreement for all pupils and their parents? The school management may also already have a form they've used in the past.
B) Only film students and teachers that have signed the form should be in the video - ask the teacher/school to separate the students so you don't get into trouble.

All the Best

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid

Return to posts index

Jeff BreuerRe: Media Release for School Testimonial
by on May 7, 2014 at 2:57:07 pm

You will need to be really organized and will need as much of a head start as you can. Like you said you will need to get parental consent for the kids on camera and that can be tough. If you can focus and particular classes, you can coordinate with those teachers on connecting with the students (assuming you have already gone through the principal and allowed access to shoot on campus). From there you will need to get the kids to have their parents sign the permission slip which, as much as you like, isn't going to happen over night and I wouldn't get too excited about 100% participation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved