FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create ad agency watermark/interface

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Little
Create ad agency watermark/interface
on Feb 26, 2014 at 4:20:50 pm

Hi! I am putting together a funny video for a corporate event. We had some of our executives do some SNL skits promoting a product of ours. Now I am putting them together as "commercial concepts" produced by an ad agency. I would like to create an interface or watermark that looks like something a studio or agency might produce. I have seen them, but I can't remember what might be included, and I am having trouble finding examples. Maybe I just don't know the right term to Google. Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Create ad agency watermark/interface
on Feb 26, 2014 at 4:51:07 pm

When watermarking something to keep it from getting copied, the typical thing is to add a time code window in an obnoxious spot somewhere on the screen, in such a place that cropping it out makes the rest of the thing useless for air. Watermarks can also include transparent logo "bugs" for the agency, or translucent type over the screen saying something like:

"for internal review only: do not distribute"

There's a menu option in DVDsp that lets you apply this to an otherwise "clean copy" master during authoring of a DVD.

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Feb 27, 2014 at 2:18:59 pm

[Mark Suszko] " the typical thing is to add a time code window in an obnoxious spot somewhere on the screen"

Yea, add time code. That's a great idea. For the watermark just make or grab a quick, cheap logo and make it translucent by lowering the opacity. Better yet, find an overlay mode that works well with your logo and play with the opacity from there.

The one example that comes to mind for me was the last Arrested Development season they did for Netflix. They did a lot of shots from the previous seasons and put that watermark on it, pretending that they used software that they had not purchased to rip the show. The joke didn't go over very well, but it's a good example all the same.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Mar 4, 2014 at 10:30:42 pm

[Jeff Breuer] "The joke didn't go over very well"

Well, I for one found it hilarious. The translucent super read:

Scene Stealer Pro - Demo Version

And the next to last use in the series added something to the effect that this demo version was only good for one more use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]