FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best startup videos ever (and cheap)

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose Luis PalomiteroBest startup videos ever (and cheap)
by on Feb 11, 2014 at 12:24:13 pm

It seems startup videos are always the same: 2D, cartoons, "hey, this is John"...I've been watching a lot last 2 years and I'm lucky I always could give my opinion in the startups I worked. I think you guys need to see good examples of how to make good promotional videos with few money.

Upplication:

Dollar Shave Club:

Skillshare:

(not very cheap at all)

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Best startup videos ever (and cheap)
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 5:18:36 pm

I'm the only video guy at my organization and right now, we could never afford any of those videos. It isn't just the monetary cost, but the time and the people it takes to be in the videos. The reason that those 2d videos are popular is because they can be made by one guy sitting in a room by himself with a computer and after effects. It doesn't take a lot of effort by a lot of people, just one.

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: Best startup videos ever (and cheap)
by on Feb 14, 2014 at 10:48:08 pm

[Chris Evans] "The reason that those 2d videos are popular is because they can be made by one guy sitting in a room by himself with a computer and after effects. It doesn't take a lot of effort by a lot of people, just one."

Yeah, it only requires a superhuman effort by one under-appreciated, under-paid person.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Jose Luis PalomiteroRe: Best startup videos ever (and cheap)
by on Feb 15, 2014 at 12:11:02 am

Chris, I understand your point. But there are young talents who are willing to create great artwork with low budget. They just want to create a reputation, they dont care about the budget.
Problem is in the startups, they dont give enough budget to communicate, they think they can do something with a typical 2D video. Those videos have not personality, essence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]