FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cool stock music for accounting and other hip subjects

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim brodieCool stock music for accounting and other hip subjects
by on Sep 26, 2013 at 3:02:35 pm

Hi folks,

I'm looking for new sources of reasonably priced music for a series of five minute corporate profiles I'm doing. I've used an excellent source called Premiumbeat.com but would like to search wider for choices.

I'm looking for music that will bring to life dry subject matter. I'm sure everyone in our field knows what I'm talking about. Anyway, your suggestions are welcome.

All the Best,

Jim

Return to posts index

Chris TompkinsRe: Cool stock music for accounting and other hip subjects
by on Sep 26, 2013 at 6:11:15 pm

Have you looked at beatsuite.com ?

Chris

Return to posts index

jim brodieRe: Cool stock music for accounting and other hip subjects
by on Sep 26, 2013 at 7:02:55 pm

Hi Chris,

I will check them out. I did stumble across a rather good one called Pond 5 that people should check out. Some very nice tracks.

Jim

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Cool stock music for accounting and other hip subjects
by on Sep 26, 2013 at 7:49:47 pm

Huge fan here of SonicFire Pro 5 here. This is loop-based, with a LOT of library materials available, and the feature is, tell it a duration and it will custom-mix the loops then give you many versions that all fit your keyword criteria. Recently, they have been starting to make the app work in a web interface, is what I gather, so you might just use it one time instead of having to buy everything first.

Return to posts index

Chris TompkinsRe: Cool stock music for accounting and other hip subjects
by on Sep 27, 2013 at 12:16:22 pm

[Mark Suszko] "SonicFire Pro 5 here"

Hey Mark,

Are you paying for each track used with this? Downloaded demo and it looks like you add to cart each track you work on?

Chris

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Cool stock music for accounting and other hip subjects
by on Sep 27, 2013 at 12:30:39 pm

Typically, you start with several collections of the loops, they are categorized. Anything you make from the program after you buy the "album"s with a oe-time fee is yours, so in a sense it is just like classic "needle-drop" music. The twist is, every track can be custom length and you get multiple versions with underscores, and versions made to work under dialog, or vsions with more or less percussion, strings, etc.

if you don't have a particular collection for a job, you can have Sonic Fire demo you more source material over the net, and if you find a track you absolutely love, you can pay for it right there and it also becomes owned by you. or just skip owning the album files and do each session completely in the cloud.

There are multi-seat packages where you can pay an annual fee and get access to fifty or more "albums", all your choice. Or you can start out like we did; get three or five albums, and from those Sonic Fire can re-mix pretty much all the music a corporate/government agency is likely to need. Hate to sound like a shill for them, but I really like the product and it is super fast and easy to use.

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: Cool stock music for accounting and other hip subjects
by on Sep 27, 2013 at 4:59:34 pm

I'll put in another vote for Sonicfire Pro 5. I feel a bit like a composer when I use it, even though I have no musical training. The music is particularly affordable when you buy the 5 or 10 album packs. The tracks are so customizable (length, mood, instrumentation); I really wouldn't want to go back to dealing with regular stock music.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Cool stock music for accounting and other hip subjects
by on Sep 26, 2013 at 7:51:08 pm

Jim -

I've used Pond5 for footage, music, and a template here and there, when budgets don't allow for custom graphics. They have a great selection of music, although not categorized as well as some other music sites. But the quality is great, and the array of choices is astonishing.

Another thought, if you can squeeze a slightly larger budget for music, is to use software like Sony ACID. If you're creative musically, you can purchase a library of loops in any style, and customize your own for the project. There are also immense quantities of free loops, riffs, sound effects, and other audio pieces on the web, to use as you see fit. It allows you to get away from the "library" music, and give the client something no one else will have.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Cool stock music for accounting and other hip subjects
by on Oct 3, 2013 at 6:21:48 pm

http://audiojungle.net/

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page