FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Teleprompter Software Recommendations?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David WheelerNew Teleprompter Software Recommendations?
by on Jun 22, 2013 at 7:49:20 pm

Mark's recommendation from four years ago was prompter software from Presentation Prompter from

I have a teleprompter from Prompter People and really have grown to hate the software. After a normal update on my MacBook Pro for security updates, etc., the Flip-Q software no longer works and technical support from Prompter People is inadequate at best. Any new recommendations for free or purchase software that will scroll a mirrored secondary screen smoothly with no problems and that you can easily bookmark to jump from one section to another?

David Wheeler
EX1R; EX3; nanoFLASH; FCP 7; 17" MBP, MacPro Quad, Matrox MSO2,CS5

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: New Teleprompter Software Recommendations?
by on Jun 22, 2013 at 9:25:58 pm

I love PromptDog.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID5 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * CS6.x Creative Cloud
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: New Teleprompter Software Recommendations?
by on Jun 24, 2013 at 2:16:18 pm

I tried prompt dog and prompt pup and found them jumpy on the scrolling, but that was some time back, and they may have improved. There was a web-based freeware one that worked well, and was platform-agnostic, but requires you to be online to use it. There must be fifty apps for prompting out there today... hmmm, probably time to do a review article on them......

Return to posts index

Richard FarrRe: New Teleprompter Software Recommendations?
by on Jul 9, 2013 at 5:15:47 am

Hi, I am Richard from Prompt-it Teleprompters in Sydney (
I can recommend Prompt Dog. We used to use it a while ago and it is very good. It is also very affordable ($60) and you can download a trial version to test.

Otherwise if you are after iPad or iPhone scrolling, use Teleprompt+ from Bombing Brain (check app store). It is amazing. Reliable & effective. We recommend Teleprompt+ to all our customers.

I hope this helps.

Happy Prompt-ing :)

Return to posts index

Timothy BarksdaleRe: New Teleprompter Software Recommendations?
by on Jul 10, 2013 at 2:43:40 pm

I just bought the Prompter People 17" Flex. This is a very good piece of hardware, but coupled with GARBAGE software. I am furious that any company would produce crap like that. I even upgraded to the Full edition paying $100 extra. Total WASTE of money.

I purchased Presentation Prompter by Ripeware LLC and am so happy it is not even funny. The first time I used it, it installed simply. I was able to control the speed simply. The text looked good. The thing was that it was SIMPLE and IT WORKED. first time - no hassle. I'll have more comments and a much more detailed review coming up. This whole process over the last 2 weeks has motivated me to get my website up and put up reviews of the hundreds of 1000's of dollars $$$$ worth of both Good and Bad stuff I use on a daily basis.

Disclaimer: I am not associated in any way nor compensated in any manner by either company.

Tim Barksdale
Birdman Productions LLC
Choteau, MT
Birdman Adventures LLC
Kansas City, MO

Return to posts index

Margot KellyRe: New Teleprompter Software Recommendations?
by on Jul 19, 2013 at 4:42:10 am

We use proprompter on the iPad. It's around $30 on iTunes but does the job well!

Return to posts index

James DowRe: New Teleprompter Software Recommendations?
by on Sep 19, 2013 at 4:01:56 pm

I have an old Listec Prompter that I had quit using. The monitor was old and had limited inputs. The software was no longer friendly with my newer Mac laptops. Several months ago I started checking out Prompter apps on the iPad. The iPad is just a little smaller than the original prompter monitor. The Listec monitor now serves as a tray for my iPad. I use the Teleprompt+ app, and use my iPhone for remote control of the scrolling. I just had to make a spacer for my camera plate, so an HVX200 would work with the hood. Works like a champ.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved