FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best FREE stock music sites

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danielle WarrenBest FREE stock music sites
by on Jan 25, 2013 at 6:56:16 pm

Hey all,
I've been tasked to find completely free (not royalty free, but totally free) music for a project. The client for this corporate video is cheap! It is extremely difficult finding any sites that aren't royalty free when I search. I thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone knew of any.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Best FREE stock music sites
by on Jan 25, 2013 at 8:07:31 pm

Aw, C'mon Danielle. Has this client ever heard the phrase "you get what you pay for?"

With so much really inexpensive stock music around, including Stock 20's recent year end deal where their entire 40+ hour library of buy-out stock music was under $200, just how much less expensive can anyone want?

See also,, and for some good, yet relatively inexpensive tracks. But free? Not really. A while back I saw a solicitation for free production music but (I believe) that the fine print was free for any feature film or TV use. I assume this was their strategy for building a client list.

I also CHARGE for the time spent locating appropriate music so then the choice becomes "would you like to spend a few hundred dollars on great stuff that I can pull in a matter of minutes from a Killer Tracks library (my first choice) or would you rather spend that or MORE for my time looking to supposedly save a few bucks?"

Return to posts index

Danielle WarrenRe: Best FREE stock music sites
by on Jan 25, 2013 at 8:10:29 pm

Hey Nick, I'm with you! Trust me, this is the last thing I want to be doing but my producer told me to look as we don't have anything to do until the client gets back to us.

But yes, I feel it is a pointless effort. Anything completely free is absolutely awful.

Thanks for the links to those sites. If I can manage to tell him there is no free music available, then hopefully they will pony up or just take what we give them!

Return to posts index

Joe KnappRe: Best FREE stock music sites
by on Feb 3, 2013 at 3:01:40 am

Been down the 'free stock music' road before. It's is pretty terrible. PremiumBeat has a pretty good library, for $20 - $50 a song. If the client can't spring for that...yipes.

Return to posts index

charles meadowsRe: Best FREE stock music sites
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 4:52:00 pm

You're client might be cheap but you also have to stand up to them. Why should there be free stock music? One site we use is Audio Jungle, some excellent tracks there at pretty good prices, plus each month they give a track away free.

"There's no point in filming if you don't have fun"
Charles Meadows
Creative Director
Incubate Productions South Africa

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Best FREE stock music sites
by on Feb 1, 2013 at 3:59:14 pm

I've become a big fan of and you can't beat their prices. Istockphoto also gives away a free track each month.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Eric Mc GuireRe: Best FREE stock music sites
by on Nov 11, 2013 at 1:08:44 am

I like, they have some pretty nice tracks at lower cost than the others. Not as much choice though lol.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved