FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finding archival news footage

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew KeoFinding archival news footage
by on Dec 5, 2012 at 6:24:41 pm

Working on a project that calls for archival footage of newscasts from mid 90s around a specific news story. I know name of individuals involved, approximate dates, but not much more to go on. It was a national story, but I can't find any clips online. Does anyone have any experience obtaining such archival video and/or resources I might look into. I am not really sure where to start.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Finding archival news footage
by on Dec 5, 2012 at 9:43:26 pm

CNN is the big daddy of archived news.

Return to posts index

Micah MasonRe: Finding archival news footage
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 1:19:01 am

I've just been through this in a big way, tracking down dozens and dozens of clips and images from known and unknown sources. It was helpful to do searches on sites like T3, ITN, AP, and CNN. I also had some luck when I would send out 'zap requests' through - that sends out your request to all of their linked content providers, and the results are not always helpful but are sometimes exactly what you want. It helps if you are looking for a specific event and not necessarily specific footage of that event.

Also you can check the lower-end houses like budget films. There are others like that, can't remember all the names off the top of my head.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved