FORUMS: list search recent posts

What am I thinking of....

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom SeftonWhat am I thinking of....
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 2:45:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to pitch an idea to a client and I want to give them a taster of what I mean without having to go into production. I remember seeing an advert for a firm/product that relied on a presenter walking around in the foreground and interacting with video elements behind him. He would use hand gestures to lift imaginary curtains, pull down projection screens, spin the earth around, reach behind him and pick something up from the video and bring it to the foreground and so forth....

Any thoughts as to what advert this was, or have I described something that I have dreamed up?!

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: What am I thinking of....
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 4:40:43 pm

Sounds like you're describing an animatic.

Return to posts index

Tom SeftonRe: What am I thinking of....
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 8:16:42 pm

hmm - don't think that is what I had in mind. I thought there had been an advert with this concept that I could send them a link to. I seem to remember it being a skit on one of Q's walkthroughs for James Bond - an actor filmed on chroma key who directly addresses the audience whilst interacting with his rapidly changing background environment.

I think I've had an odd dream.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: What am I thinking of....
by on Nov 20, 2012 at 3:33:30 pm

I do recall a spot where its a tracking shot, full-body profile of a guy walking left to right, and he's passing thru doors into different sets and environments, little aprartmet-like scenes day and night, friends and parents and office and etc. but I can't recall what the spot was for... some telecom or mobile computer thing probably. The fact that I can only remember that much should be a warning to you that a visual gimmick has to really be welded to the overall sales point and identity, or people just remember the gag and not the product it was for.

Return to posts index

David WheelerRe: What am I thinking of....
by on Dec 1, 2012 at 11:15:12 pm

I may have had the same dream, but I also recall sequences of that type from Minority Report and Tom Cruise, (I think). It's generally shot in green or blue screen and carefully choreographed in post with other elements that the actor "moves around."

David Wheeler
EX1R; EX3; nanoFLASH; FCP 7; 17" MBP, MacPro Quad, Matrox MSO2,CS5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved