FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting in China. Power Question

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McSwainShooting in China. Power Question
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 5:40:22 pm

Headed to China next week and I'm just now realizing that I don't yet have a solution for powering my lights and charging my batteries. I'm sure the batteries isn't a problem and a standard power converter will do the trick but what about lights? Only taking a few 500watt Lowels with 3 prong plugs and 2 prong battery chargers for my AF100. Anybody have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Richard CrowleyRe: Shooting in China. Power Question
by on Aug 24, 2012 at 8:10:00 pm

Inspect the nameplates on your chargers. They may be "universal" meaning that they will operate from 100 to 240V, so you would need only a mains plug adapter. Very little modern equipment gives a fig about 50Hz vs. 60Hz mains frequency.

Do you have time to get 220V versions of your bulbs? By simply substituting the bulb and using the cord plug adapter, 240V use isn't a big deal.

Return to posts index

Thomas LeongRe: Shooting in China. Power Question
by on Aug 25, 2012 at 1:58:45 am

As Richard says, China is 220v. So ensure your stuff can take 220v. It will blow 110v equipment. In any reasonable hotel, you should find 110v outlet for shavers in the bathroom which you may be able to use though...but only one outlet.

Plug outlets in China are mainly flat 2-prong or some will have a round 3rd pin for earth...much like U.S. plug ends if I'm not wrong. In China, buy yourself some lightweight power block outlets at any dept store. They all have that one-size-fits-all female outlets. Handy!
Mine are from year 2000 and I travel with a light 3-outlet block all the time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved