Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Video player that plays multiple clips simultaneously?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Chris MasonVideo player that plays multiple clips simultaneously?
by on May 30, 2012 at 8:40:00 pm

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes...

I need a video player that can load multiple (maybe 3 or 4) videos and have a set of master controls for start/stop/forward/back, etc that controls all of the files. BUT, it also needs to be able to have individual controls so that I can play them all, pause them all, and then forward frame individual files.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Video player that plays multiple clips simultaneously?
by on May 30, 2012 at 9:54:43 pm

Maybe AV Stumpfl Wings. ASk the guys in the live/stage forum

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Thomas LeongRe: Video player that plays multiple clips simultaneously?
by on May 31, 2012 at 6:39:22 am

Have a look at VideoMill for multiple video playback with one button 'Play' using its 'Media Group' feature, and individual video playback control without.

Shareware pricing.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ellen MaurerRe: Video player that plays multiple clips simultaneously?
by on May 26, 2015 at 3:42:26 pm

Hi!

I am also interested.

I have 2 video files. One of them is hardsubed and has a poor image quality and the other one is in HD.
Is there a software that can allow me to play one file in its original resolution and the other one (hardsubed) to make visible only a part of it (the subbed portion) bellow the first one? My monitor resolution is 1280/1024px. The HD version is 1280/720 which means there will be a little space available bellow the HD ver. I also need controls for both of them in case I need to pause them at the same time and I need to mute one of them.

Thank you

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 26, 2015 at 11:42:21 pm

Ellen, why not throw both into two stacked tracks of any NLE you like, then use the wipe or crop tools to reveal the subtitles from one with the picture from the other?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 27, 2015 at 3:26:01 pm

I tried in Sony Vegas and I think my system is too slow because the playback is freezing :(

Thanks anyway!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 28, 2015 at 1:15:08 am

(sigh).

Render it out as a new movie and then you can shuttle it all around using any player.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 28, 2015 at 5:49:41 am

I have found some ... "solutions" but I don't know how to use them.

We can open multiple (for me there will be only 2) instances of vlc media player at oance and these can be controled by an autohotkey generated (hope is the right word) by a script. There is a script, I just don't know how to use that piece of text to work with vlc media player. So I feel even more frustrated then before.

I have a hd ver of a drama tv series and a hardsubed one. There is no softsub to load in my hd versions and the image quality of the hardsubed one is very poor. It would take hours to render all these episodes in Sony Vegas. Or maybe there are some special settings for rendering that I don't know of?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Thomas LeongRe: Video player that plays multiple clips simultaneously?
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 8:54:48 am

Check out Stereoscopic Player to see if it suits your requirements -
http://www.3dtv.at/products/player/index_en.aspx

Plays 2 video files simultaneously in reasonable sync to each other. Just select the way you want them to play/output. Shareware pricing with trial version.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2015 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]