FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi Media presentation software with live video incorporated.

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Elliott
Multi Media presentation software with live video incorporated.
on Apr 17, 2012 at 8:14:30 pm

I could use some help on this particular problem, I need to set up a VIP room for lack of a better term. This room needs to include a single screen with a quad layout. I need the ability on the fly to change the sections of the quad areas to have multiple types of media. These media types may include live analog video, power points, pictures, pre recorded video, text, flash and so on.

I am not stuck on the quad layout but need the ability to rapidly display multiple types of data on the same screen and control it from a different room.

An example might be a spinning logo in the upper left quadrant, upper right is a live feed of video analog originally, lower left is a google map or internet feed, lower right is another live video feed.

For the life of me I cannot find the right google search that will put me on a software or hardware solution that can do this. Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Roderick Lavallee
Re: Multi Media presentation software with live video incorporated.
on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:42:35 pm

Polycomm systems are the only corporate systems that I know of that do that very well. There also HIGHLY proprietary, and often only installed by third party vendors, but they know their stuff and have a total lock on the industry.

You could try some Cisco telepresence stuff too, but I don't know how they integrate multi-media.

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Apr 18, 2012 at 6:00:48 am

Have a look at Pixelwix Studio Software, probably with the Cat-5 capture of another PC in order to include Powerpoint.

It does not seem to auto into a quad output, but I guess one could create quadrants for each media...just a guess, I don't have the software.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 23, 2012 at 2:49:11 pm

I would approach this using a routing switcher with a quad-split output. Or a multi-split output: the boxes you can buy to do that job can actually do more than 4 boxes, and vary the scaling of each box. They get more expensive based on how many inputs you require.

Try one of these:

http://www.for-a.com/products/category/multi_viewers.html

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 23, 2012 at 4:31:21 pm

Here's another:

http://a2dsolutions.com/p6059.html

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 23, 2012 at 4:36:22 pm

The attractive part of that setup is you can independently work on each input with it's own originating device. You'd have a desk in their "war room", or adjoining, with a couple of laptops and PC's plus video switcher and servers, etc. You sit in there, ther man behind the curtain, so tospeak, and operate the Great and All-Powerful OZ. The parts that are running fine, stand-alone, you leave alone; you just work on whatever part they want to make changes on. The splitter device feeds a giant flat panel monitor as easily as it can a large scale wall projector. This is a pretty common setup for EOC offices in emergency response agencies, for example.

Return to posts index

James Elliott
on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:59:55 pm

Thanks Mark,

I actually do something like this already, I use a 64x16 switch to switch my analog cameras into a quad, the quad feeds the vip room. I also switch larger single feeds for side monitors, a few tape back up record feeds, and a recorded back up of the quad. All channels are recorded on a DVR, it is really at its core a glorified security camera set up on steroids.

It works well now i can feed all of the viewers with any of my video feeds in different ways. I am attempting to for lack of a better term jazz things up a bit. I want to inject other forms of video, like the moving maps, a dvd, perhaps a 3d animation or whatever may add to the overall 4-5 hours that information is being presented.

I have found that ramming 4-6 different cameras down people throats pushes folks into information overload. Displaying other feeds such as a camera layout or map gives them more awareness, I am trying to make it easier on me to manage while beefing the capability up.

I will take a look at your recommendations. Also the all powerful Oz reference is one i hear way way to often during these events. I try to keep people out of my control room, trying to pay attention to 64 cameras while running a switch, and the ptz functions of the actual cameras can get a bit taxing and that doubles when 15 people are behind me saying ohhhh look over here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]