FORUMS: list search recent posts

What program works well for this?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame
What program works well for this?
on Mar 21, 2012 at 5:04:32 pm

Normally I'd opt for Flash or even After Effects for this type of presentation, but was wondering if there was something out there that would be somewhat more adept and faster at it. Oh, and it needs to be on Windows.

-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: What program works well for this?
on Mar 21, 2012 at 7:39:46 pm

PowerPoint and Apple's Equivalent can do this. Apple Motion or Adobe AfterEffects can do even more.

The more expensive but highly customizeable and controllable way to do this was to author it in Macromedia Director. Finding people fluent in that program can be tough.

What tools do yuo have on hand?

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Mar 21, 2012 at 7:51:52 pm

Can PowerPoint export in a video format these days? Perhaps so.

I have all of the above, PowerPoint, AE and Director. Actually, I'd totally forgotten about Director. I lost touch with it when Macromedia held off on development during the Adobe purchase, then bought the upgrade when they released it. I've not used it since then, but it does seem like the thing to do.

-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 21, 2012 at 9:00:41 pm

The tool you know best is often the faster, better choice than the tool most people would use for that job. But at some point, you have to expand from what you already know and learn a new tool. When that is, has to be up to you.

Return to posts index

Roderick Lavallee
on Apr 10, 2012 at 7:04:10 pm

The corporate standard for presentations like this are either a prodcut by Lectora or Adobe's Captivate. I use Captivate extensively. You can export to a SWF and then it's easy to convert from there. Captive is also INSANELY easy to integrate all of the functions / features on that video. You can also release it as a self-contained executable, or as a SWF within an HTML, giving it actionable, clickable regions sending the user to other URLs, or doing other functions.

Return to posts index

Chris Lehmann
on Apr 13, 2012 at 7:45:03 pm

I know you said you are on windows, but for anyone else who might be interested in this kind of project I thought I'd share that Apple Keynote is vastly superior to PowerPoint for this kind of thing. The animations and effects are just classier and easier to make look good. The interface is much friendlier and more similar to Adobe. Also, it will export a nice clean QuickTime file that you can later re-time to your voiceover in editing.

Return to posts index

Roderick Lavallee
on Apr 13, 2012 at 8:07:10 pm

Chris is right about Keynote versus PowerPoint. I'd add that most anything is preferable to PowerPoint. Returning to the Adobe Captivate application, it also exports to f4v files, windows .exe files and Mac .app files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]