FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit A Video, Then Edit That Video Into a Camtasia Project

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin GrossEdit A Video, Then Edit That Video Into a Camtasia Project
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 10:14:03 pm

So I've posted about this project before, but the project has changed. I'm working on a reshoot for a video of our CIO presenting some updates to our website. The video is 75% screen capture and 24% talking head on infinite white (I left 1% for the logo at the end, but that's an approximation).

Previously I had him do the screen capture in Camtasia on his windows computer and tried to edit the resulting AVI in Premiere on my Mac. There were some issues trying to get Premiere to read the AVI and I wound up having to play the screen capture in VLC and record that window into a new Camtasia screen capture and then export a Qt movie that I could then use in Premiere. It worked and looked good, but what a pain.

I'm going to have him record the screen capture portion on my machine this time. So I'm thinking of editing the talking head and audio portion in Premiere, doing the audio tweaking and color grading and such,and then exporting something Camtasia compatible so I can finish the video in the Camtasia studio and export a final from there.

I haven't worked with screen captures before, so I'd love to hear some warnings from you guys. Does my plan sound reasonable? Have you guys done this before? I should say that the inspiration for the video are the Google videos, like Gmail or whatever. He wants the final to look like those.

Corbin Gross

Return to posts index

Chris TompkinsRe: Edit A Video, Then Edit That Video Into a Camtasia Project
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 12:59:41 pm

You need to record a screen resolution that matches what you're editing.
1280x720 for example. Or get it as close as possible.
Change the screen res. on the comp. and in the Camtasia recording settings.

You can still record the screen on the win machine.
Export that avi uncompressed.

Get the Camtasia codec on the mac to open it up in QT7 and export a mov file. FYI

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved