FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quote for Retouching Skin

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin Gross
Quote for Retouching Skin
on Nov 23, 2011 at 5:29:30 pm

I'm working on a video featuring our CIO. We're a wholesale company and this video will be for our customers, not the end user. He's concerned about looking his best, he's got some blemishes and what not that he'd like retouched out. I'm working on raising production value and getting things like a makeup artist, but I'm sure some of you guys know what it's like to be an internal guy at a wholesaler.

Anyway, I'd love to get some idea of what this would cost and where I'd advertise the work. I think I could do a passable job but would probably take me all week, so it just wouldn't be a good value. I know there are many things to consider but where would I start? And I'm pretty sure once he sees what it would cost that he'll be just fine with his appearance anyway.

Thanks.

Corbin Gross
Photo/Video
SANMAR
Marketing

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Quote for Retouching Skin
on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:58:39 pm

You might just need to get a plug-in and do it yourself.

http://sheffieldsoftworks.com/beauty/ema/index.html

Baby looks GOOD!

Return to posts index

Corbin Gross
on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:40:22 pm

Hmmm... I have to admit to using the Portrait Pro plugin in Ps quite often. I'm going to go ahead and be skeptical of this thing though.

I am impressed however with the contemporary quality of the 4:3 interlaced clip they're using to advertize their software.

Corbin Gross
Photo/Video
SANMAR
Marketing

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 23, 2011 at 10:55:22 pm

Well if you like the photoshop filter, you can convert your video to a sequence of stills, then run a batch action on them in photoshop to automate applying the filter. I don't know about AfterEffects, can it use a PS filter on moving video? I should think so, but don't know for sure.

A lot of people swear by that plug-in, though, so you might try the free test download if they still offer it.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 24, 2011 at 4:41:04 am

Those things totally work- everything you see in the movies and on TV these days is pretty much processed through one of those...

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Corbin Gross
on Nov 28, 2011 at 2:57:58 pm

Well, if it's good enough for Hollywood than it's good enough for me.

I'm on Premiere though, do you guys know of a Premiere-on-Mac compatible plugin with similar features?

Corbin Gross
Photo/Video
SANMAR
Marketing

Return to posts index

Jim Tierney
on Dec 4, 2011 at 5:16:47 pm

Also take a look at Beauty Box:

http://digitalanarchy.com/beautyVID/main.html

It's designed to specifically solve skin problems and to be easy to use. We use face detection to automatically identify the skin tones and track them through the clip. It's won multiple awards including Videomakers Plugin of the year for 2010.

There's a free trial. So check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

cheers,
Jim
-----------
Jim Tierney
Digital Anarchy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]