FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pressant: Something I don't know how to do, but should! Create a playlist of time codes for one video, and play just those segments...

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jiggy Gaton
Pressant: Something I don't know how to do, but should! Create a playlist of time codes for one video, and play just those segments...
on Sep 28, 2011 at 9:05:15 am

Hi there, I am teaching a team building class tomorrow, and I want to show selected time code segments from the movie Lagaan, and I have the time codes I want to show, but no clue how to set up a playlist in say VLC to do so. I can see where VLC playlists can do multiple videos, but not dif timecode pairs within one video? I don't have time to rip out the segments, or I would just do that. Any ideas? I have access to both Lion and Windows 7 on my teaching box. thx!!!!
Jigs

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
Re: Pressant: Something I don't know how to do, but should! Create a playlist of time codes for one video, and play just those segments...
on Sep 28, 2011 at 9:15:35 am

Arg, requirements changing by the minute here... now i may need all the timecode pairs in one continuos movie file (about 20 of them, all just a few minutes each) to play as a non-stop stream. The rub with this is the rip is a avi file, and I am using VLC to playback the srt subtitle file at the same time. If I start cutting footage, I think I would have to cut the subtitle file as well and repair. No time for that! So another question, is how to quickly burn the subs into the AVI, then do the cutting if I have to... arg!

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Pressant: Something I don't know how to do, but should! Create a playlist of time codes for one video, and play just those segments...
on Sep 28, 2011 at 11:13:44 pm

Hi Jiggy
What about Quicktime pro on your PC? It will play avi files. If you open the entire rip in QT, you can set in & out points and save reference movies to play. You can then take the reference movies and append them to one another in yet a new reference movie of all the clips - you do this by opening a copy of the first file, set the pointer to the end of the clip, open the 2nd clip, select all, copy it, and simply drop it into the first movie window; do this with all of your clips.

QT pro is $20.

Steve

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
on Sep 29, 2011 at 12:12:46 am

hi Steve, that's pretty much what I did. I made the clips in QT Pro, then used iTunes to play them all at once in a playlist. Worked great. And it was the only thing that had the possibility of working. Everything else played the srt subfile a few seconds off (VLC, Premiere Pro, etc. QT Pro / Perian burned the subs whereas I first tried AVI_Comp on a PC, which did nothing but blow up. So the solution was QT Pro + Perian. Ha! the simplest solution is the one often overlooked at first :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]