FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crazy blue glow

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve KownackiCrazy blue glow
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 1:44:59 pm

I was shooting a panel discussion yesterday in a mildly dark room cam at +9. Day was going just fine but on the 3rd group of presenters, (not visible to the naked eye) but on the gained-up cam I noticed this odd blue glow on one of the panelists. Not from the projector. After looking and looking, here he had an iPad angled up toward him that he scrolled thru his notes. Was not offensive for a webcast, but odd.

Most times I'll gel a projector to 3200K if it will be in the cam shot, this was a new one. Afterward I met with the guy and he was using a basic text app and he would have been comfortable dumping it to keynote or pages where I could change the background to orange-ish to at least match 3200K. Probably could have just turned down the brightness too had I known.

Had they given us budget for a few lights this would not have been an issue. Something else to keep in mind.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Crazy blue glow
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 1:49:18 pm

I wonder if the ipad can adjust it's display color temp. Hey, wanna make m oney with an app for that?;-)

It could be as simple as just picking a different default color in the application being used.

Return to posts index

Steve KownackiRe: Crazy blue glow
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 2:14:01 pm

Yeah, couldn't find color temp adjustment, that would be a good app. Yes, changing the background color is the ticket but knowing he was going to use it in the first place would have been better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved