FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this a good marketing strategy?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly LawerIs this a good marketing strategy?
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 7:20:53 pm

I have a video production company as well as a day job!

It's just been ticking along for the last couple of years, but I want to increase the number of jobs I get to buy a new car.

I had an idea that I could start promoting myself a little more on facebook and maybe twitter with the following marketing strategy.

It's going to be called 'Project Car' and will have a series of offers, starting with 50% off for the month of September. As the project goes on, i'm going to show a percentage of how far complete the project is.

The tag line (only for social media, not for my website) will be 'my business is part time, but i'm sure you'll agree, the results speak for themselves!

I'm in two minds about doing this as I have always steered away from telling people I am only doing it part time. I think somehow it detracts from the good work I do. However, on the positive, I think this could be a nice personal approach that people can help me achieve my goal of a new car and get something great out of it themselves.

What do you think?

PS - Another tactic I thought of is to charge a little up front, but then licence the video for say £29.99 per month, ongoing. They couldn't embed the video themselves and it would go through my YouTube account or similar. Or I will manage an account for them.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Is this a good marketing strategy?
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 1:39:20 pm

Going out of your way to not little experience is probably not the best way to present yourself. I'd go the other way and showcase the coolness the company has done over the last couple of years.

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Is this a good marketing strategy?
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 1:19:26 pm

Hmm- not sure on the probability of convincing strangers/clients to care about you getting a new car. Social media is an amazing marketing tool, but it's not a magic wand... I'd focus on marketing what you're best at and maybe consider a little credit card debt, savings account or perhaps a lease? :)

40% discount for Creative Cow users with code ccow2011 at Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Tom SeftonRe: Is this a good marketing strategy?
by on Sep 5, 2011 at 2:40:25 pm

Don't like it dude. No-one wants to know you are doing their job for a car. It gives the impression that you really are in it for the money, not the long haul.

Like Grinner says - market your company based on the cool things you have done, the cool things you are going to learn and the cool things you are about to get paid to do(never letting anyone know how much you are being paid to do them).

Return to posts index

Jack millerRe: Is this a good marketing strategy?
by on May 31, 2012 at 9:34:14 am

Email marketing is another good way to promote your business because it is cost effective &flexible way to promote your business.
Home profit masters reviews

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved