FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thought I might go to the DVExpo.

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin GrossThought I might go to the DVExpo.
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 7:11:25 pm

So I'm wondering if anybody here has gone to DVExpo?

I've got the opportunity to a trade show every year and I usually go to Photoshop World as my job has been mostly photography and post. But I've been doing more video work for the company I work for so I've been looking at other options. I'll be going to the NAB expo next year.

Have any of you been to the DVExpo? I can't really find anything about it online except on their website. I don't want to waste a couple of days there if it's lame.

Care to share your experience?

Thanks

Corbin Gross
Creative Services
Marketing
SanMar Corp.

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Thought I might go to the DVExpo.
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 8:02:52 pm

We went several years ago. If you've been to NAB, DV Expo can be a bit of an anticlimax, except for being in NYC. NAB has been severly scaled down over the past few years, but is still an awesome show. If DV Expo has suffered from the same sort of scale down, it might be a disappointment.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Corbin GrossRe: Thought I might go to the DVExpo.
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 9:33:57 pm

I'd be going to the one in Pasadena. Nothing quite so exciting as NYC.

Thanks for the info though.

Corbin Gross
Creative Services
Marketing
SanMar Corp.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Thought I might go to the DVExpo.
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:09:28 pm

I was let down by the last Midwest one at Navy Pier in Chicago, and haven't been interested in going to one since. God, I miss the Swiderski show. That one was always fun AND productive, the perfect mix.

AS an alternative, many editing and other equipment user groups have monthly get-togethers, you might want to explore one of those. Or find a 2-day training seminar on some aspect of the biz that would help you, and go to that. Much more hands-on.

Return to posts index

Corbin GrossRe: Thought I might go to the DVExpo.
by on Jul 28, 2011 at 4:44:45 pm

So say you could go to pretty much any video event you wanted to, training or convention or whatever. What would be your first choice.

I'm finding it difficult to even google the subject as the words "corporate, video, training" just brings up "Corporate Training Video". I've always heard great things about the NAB expo but I'm just wondering what else is out there.

Thanks.

Corbin Gross
Creative Services
Marketing
SanMar Corp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]