FORUMS: list search recent posts

one day production insurance coverage

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Robertsonone day production insurance coverage
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 6:10:11 pm

Apologies in advance for cross posting this question.

I submitted a proposal to supply video production services for a 1 day shoot. To get an idea of scope, it’s a 4 cameras, jib, typical audio etc. It’s a pilot of cooking show, for either web and/or cable broadcast.
Within my proposal I insist that the producer assume complete liability for any accidents or other issues during the shoot. The producer came back and said he did not have insurance, but would acquire it – did I have any idea where he could get this – I’m not sure – a simple Google search doesn’t really show up anything definitive.

Can anyone recommend a firm that can handle one day production insurance coverage? Anything else I should be aware of in this regard?

Many thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: one day production insurance coverage
by on Jun 4, 2011 at 3:41:41 am

Depends where you are located but short-term production insurance is generally available in most big US cities where there's production.

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Rene FolseRe: one day production insurance coverage
by on Jun 4, 2011 at 2:22:26 pm

The term "insurance coverage" is not well defined by your customer. This could (should) involve general liability as well as workers' compensation and other coverages such as employer liability. There are also concerns about the "where" which should consider an "All States Endorsement" to cover you in the correct states including the state of the production, and the state where you hired staff. Most businesses have this by way of full time yearly policies. The film industry by nature needs more temporary solutions. There are companies that take on the risk, for this short term. One of the bigger ones is Entertainment Partners ( They understand that most productions are formed for short term production and then cease to exist at least to the scale they had when they were filming. Entertainment Partners (EP) however typically is involved in huge projects and I am not sure if they would be involved in a one day event with a small crew. You can call them and ask, and if not see if they have recommendations.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved