FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync two cameras

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel SepulvedaSync two cameras
by on Mar 28, 2011 at 5:48:40 pm

Hi, hope someone can help me. I’m producing a TV show for South America, I am not a very experienced producer in the technical stuff. I bought two Sony PMW-EX1R, which I use to record interviews for the show. I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the same colors and exposure on both cameras. I balance whites with the same target, and set the cameras both with the same settings, but the image is still very different. Is there any way (maybe with a cable) that I can sync the cameras to obtain near the same image? And maybe it possible start recording at the same time so editing is easier?

Thank you and sorry for my ignorance

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: Sync two cameras
by on Mar 29, 2011 at 3:35:50 am

Are you running in manual mode or automatic? If the latter, the cameras are going to continually adjust independently. If running in manual mode with the same shutter, aperture, white balance and post curves and you're still getting different images, then the lighting is different from the two angle. You need to improve your eye and determine "what" is different, then take steps to fix it. For instance if one image is more blue than the other, adjust your white balance. If one has more contrast, adjust your gamma curve. You can either fix it in camera (preferred) or in post. For syncing, just use a slate. Make sure both cameras can see and hear it. It is pretty easy to sync footage.

Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved