FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where to get voiceover translated from English into German and French

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Hernandez
Where to get voiceover translated from English into German and French
on Mar 24, 2011 at 7:26:41 am

Hi,
I need to get the English voiceover for a 1min corporate video translated and recorded into both German and French.
Could you please recommend any translation services that could do this for me?
Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
Re: Where to get voiceover translated from English into German and French
on Mar 24, 2011 at 3:52:32 pm

Are you near any universities with French and German language programs?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 24, 2011 at 4:23:47 pm

Name may sound a bit goofy but I use 1-800 Translate and they absolutely rock. They can at least do the translation of the script and probably point you in the right direction for the voice overs. Personally I use subtitles because most of the time the voiceovers don't get the correct dialect or regional accent for the intended viewers and they find it distracting or humorous- not what you want.

http://www.1-800-translate.com/

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Mar 24, 2011 at 5:59:25 pm

Agreed. More often than not, we who do not understand the language being voiced think it is ok when the read sounds corny to the ones being addressed to. A professional read is very different from merely being to speak the language. You and I may speak English but can we get a job as a voice-over talent?

One way to 'test' a read is to get a friend of a friend who understands the language to play the role of the intended audience, listen to it and give you his/her honest opinion.

Return to posts index

Ken Clark
on Mar 26, 2011 at 5:16:57 pm

1-800-Translate sounds goofy, Noah? I guess you're probably right, but at least it's easy to remember our phone number....

BTW, we've got a great stable of voice talent, and production capabilities too, so we are a one-stop shop for any multi-lingual production work.

Word of mouth is our bread and butter. Thanks for the endorsement!

Ken

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 27, 2011 at 2:44:02 am

Ha- I'm sorry- I was searching for the right word there. I guess to my mind it sounds a bit like an informercial and I wouldn't want people turned off by a less official sounding company name. My experience with 1800 has been top-notch the whole time so my endorsement is very strong and real.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Mar 25, 2011 at 5:22:37 pm

We use a company out of the UK for all kinds of translations, especially for Middle Eastern and Asian languages. French & German should be a snap for them. They can also likely help with voice-over.

Mark@LifelineLanguageServices.co.uk

Tell Mark I sent you.

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Mar 26, 2011 at 6:30:14 pm

We do it locally here in South Florida. Our rates are very competitive. Feel free to contact me at
greg@ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]