FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advise on Large TV for multimedia presentations

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean KapletonAdvise on Large TV for multimedia presentations
by on Mar 9, 2011 at 4:43:13 pm

I am not sure which forum to post this question so I am trying here but would be happy to post elsewhere if more appropriate.

I have been asked to advise a friend's company on purchasing a large TV (42-50") for a conference room where presentations and web content will be looked at. I originally recommended this panasonic plasma but now they have to buy it today and are telling me its only for web content / computer presentations and I am not so sure what to advise since rec. 709 is not important.

I assume people with have there laptops with powerpoint / keynote presentations, web browsers, etc but I am also curious whether a little mac mini with wireless keyboard / mouse that always lives with the TV in the conference room might also be a good idea.

I was thinking that a less expensive brand might be a better idea since its not being used for broadcast work in any way. I need to get any cables and connections needed in the purchase as well so that everything gets ordered today and they are covered.

any advice would be great as I need to send links for b&h or best buy purchasing TODAY!

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Advise on Large TV for multimedia presentations
by on Mar 9, 2011 at 5:12:38 pm

"Now they have to buy it today"....

I have been in this position many times, and can tell you that's a no-win place to be. The other given in these situations is, if you try to shave a buck here or there, wherever you shaved it is gar-un-teeed to be where it will come back to bite you in the rear some time in the future. And nobody at that future disaster will be mollified by your claim that you had saved some bucks initially by not having xyz as part of the deal. Famous last words: "oh, don't bother, we'll never need (xyz) again.."

Does this thing have traditional VGA ports as well as HDMI and USB? You really don't know what is going to come in thru that door, you need this screen to be able to handle any potential source that comes in, so I would want to have at least one of EVERY kind of possible input port, including composite and s-video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved