FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixing Photo's with video's for promo video.. good or bad?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley DavisMixing Photo's with video's for promo video.. good or bad?
by on Feb 6, 2011 at 8:05:35 pm

Hi guys, apologies for a odd question but this is my first time doing a promo video. Basically it's for an apartment complex that will be used to market and sell it, the end product will be 3 - 4mins long and combine mostly images with some short videos of the buildings interior and exterior as well as some motion graphics. Is there a general rule for working with both images and videos, as in I'm not sure whether to break everything up throughout the video going back and forth from image to video or seperate them and say have 1min of slideshow and 2mins of videos. Thought it may possibly look tacky and amateur going back and forth. Any views and thoughts on this?

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Mixing Photo's with video's for promo video.. good or bad?
by on Feb 7, 2011 at 5:16:02 am

You're talking about a technique used in practically every doc/industrial/longform commercial ever made. Don't sweat it.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Mixing Photo's with video's for promo video.. good or bad?
by on Feb 7, 2011 at 7:58:55 pm

What Noah said. This is very common and can be done quite tastefully. In fact if you do moves on the stills, slow pans & zooms, etc. few people will ever notice that the stills are not video. Just color correct enough to make everything look like it goes together. AND... if you scan stills and there is any form of dust or dirt, take the time in Photoshop to CLEAN THEM UP.

[Ashley Davis] "seperate them and say have 1min of slideshow and 2mins of videos."

THAT is what would look bad and amateurish, especially if there was no logical reason for it.

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Mixing Photo's with video's for promo video.. good or bad?
by on Feb 7, 2011 at 9:48:05 pm

Yeah mix it up completely.... Watch any modern doc and you'll see this done constantly.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Mixing Photo's with video's for promo video.. good or bad?
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 7:02:21 pm

I agree with the advice you have received. The trick is to put some nice moves on the photos.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]