FORUMS: list search recent posts

Installing a video screen in a town centre

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas MitchellInstalling a video screen in a town centre
by on Jan 7, 2011 at 2:44:59 pm

Hello all.

You should have ascertained by my spelling of centre that this is in fact for a UK based company!

A company we have previously worked for require an outdoor video installation. It is basically a building, in a park, next to a river in the heart of the town.

There is a brick building housing a structure, in the outer wall of which they would like a video screen playing a video about the installation, behind reinforced glass presumably.

The video will be approx 2mins long and may or may not contain audio, dependent on the the cost to put speakers in.

Power would not be an issue as the would be mains supply inside the building.

It will also need a play button, as they don't want it running non-stop. We thought an infra red sensor would be the best way of providing this

With this I'm thinking it'll be kinda what you get in a museum where the button pressed on the wall starts the vid. I'm not sure if that'll be a DVD player or a computer. Or just a screen and a USB stick. We haven't done anything like this before so need to be pointed in the right direction of the solution.

My concern is of vandalism. The fact that someone could, with a can of spray paint, cover the glass rendering the installation unwatchable.

If anyone knows of the best way to do this or of companies that do this sort of thing then it'd be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Installing a video screen in a town centre
by on Jan 7, 2011 at 4:22:51 pm

Gosh I don't know exactly where to send you but I do know that 'vandalism resistant' outdoor displays do exist and someone can hook you up. You should also consider power needs and ambient lighting as part of your plan.

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Installing a video screen in a town centre
by on Jan 7, 2011 at 7:04:49 pm

The Live/Stage forum guys will have some good ideas. Try there.

Return to posts index

Tom SeftonRe: Installing a video screen in a town centre
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 4:05:08 pm

Hi Tom,

My company has really good experience with video installations in museums, heritage centres and at trade shows.

If you would like some advice, please get in touch.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved