FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about Adtec Sign Edje

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat FordQuestion about Adtec Sign Edje
by on Dec 27, 2010 at 6:12:49 pm

Hello all,
The company for which I work is getting into digital signage. I am an absolute noob to the field and I have some basic questions. Over the years I have found that getting the answer to basic,basic questions is sometimes very hard...I hope you can help.

We have on hand a couple dozen Adtec Sign Edje (4GB)from a project that was done about 2.5 years ago. In my research, it seems that these players are well respected...The people that put the project together were contractors and I don't have access to them presently.

Here comes my question: In my self-education on digital signage it appears that one typically has an application to divide up the real estate on a display screen and create content...with the Adtec system, I have seen no mention of a content creation app...I don't understand how this is done.

Can someone give me a push in the right direction? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Gary HazenRe: Question about Adtec Sign Edje
by on Dec 28, 2010 at 1:18:00 pm

I'm not familiar with AdTec. I have a couple of Brightsign players. Brightsign includes an authoring app so users can customize the playlist themselves. Many digital signage companies update the content as a service. Content creators upload their media to an ftp site, the service provider does the authoring and then downloads the new playlists to the devices over IP. For clarification on wether you can author the content yourself you should contact Adtec directly.

Return to posts index

Pat FordRe: Question about Adtec Sign Edje
by on Dec 29, 2010 at 4:32:20 am

Thanks, Gary...I'm educating myself over the holidays about this stuff. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Matt GrantRe: Question about Adtec Sign Edje
by on Mar 14, 2011 at 6:41:41 pm

Hey there any luck with the SignEdje? We have several of these boxes we've been using for a few years. Msg me if you need any help further.

Return to posts index

Pat FordRe: Question about Adtec Sign Edje
by on Apr 4, 2011 at 7:27:16 pm

Thanks, Matt...I have one up and running now.

I may contact you...thanks very much for the offer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved