FORUMS: list search recent posts

Online file sharing

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron StellaOnline file sharing
by on Nov 18, 2010 at 4:45:16 am

Our corporation currently uses an FTP site for large file transfer to external companies; however, as we grow, this is becoming a less effective solution, especially to non-technical clients. I am looking into services such rapidshare, and

What do you guys recommend? Am I looking down the right path for file sharing, or is there a more robust solution? I need something user friendly for the non-technical. Have any of you used services such as these, and what did you think?

Return to posts index

Richard KeatingRe: Online file sharing
by on Nov 18, 2010 at 1:24:44 pm

Hi Aaron,

If you are looking for your clients to simply review and sign off on the videos, you should try ScreenLight (, a new video review and approval application built specifically for video production professionals. The whole idea behind ScreenLight is ease of use for non-technically savvy end-clients.

It's free to try so give it a shot.

Hope this helps. Cheers,

Richard Keating
Editor, Co-Creator of ScreenLight
"Painless Video Review and Approval"

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Online file sharing
by on Nov 18, 2010 at 3:18:28 pm

Also check the COW's Digital Delivery Forum, where this is one of the main topics.

Return to posts index

Keith PrattRe: Online file sharing
by on Nov 19, 2010 at 11:34:10 pm

Can't offer any conclusions at this juncture, but I've just started looking at using Amazon S3/CloudFront for this kind of thing...

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Online file sharing
by on Nov 19, 2010 at 11:47:29 pm

yousendit or vimeo.

Return to posts index

Stephen MannRe: Online file sharing
by on Nov 20, 2010 at 3:11:26 am

We use Dropbox for brainless file transfers. (Mention me when you get your free dropbox and we both get some free additional space on our accounts).

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved