FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Content Management Systems

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carla CardelloVideo Content Management Systems
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 2:29:01 pm

Does anyone here use a video content management system with their company? I'm working with my company's training department to find the best way to deliver how-to videos to customers without having to send DVDs all the time. And if a technician is working in the field and needs a quick troubleshooting video, he can use his phone to watch.

Youtube, Vimeo, and the like are out because most places block those sites. I really like mediasilo.com. We are also redoing our e-learning process, and one of the packages includes Kaltura (which my company also blocked, but we sent in a request for access).

Another option is to put them on our company's website, but I would need to host the videos somewhere else. Media Silo has embed codes I could easily use.

To give a better idea of my company, we manufacture access machines, so my department trains both customers and in-house people to use and/or fix these machines. We send training materials internationally as well.

I've never done anything like this before, so I'm not sure if there's anything else I should consider.

Return to posts index

Richard KeatingRe: Video Content Management Systems
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 8:59:43 pm

Hi Carla,

You could take a look at an application that I created that was build to address some of the issues you describe. For more info, go to http://www.screenlight.tv.

Richard Keating
Editor, Co-Creator of ScreenLight
"Painless Video Review and Approval"
http://www.screenlight.tv

Return to posts index

Erik FreidRe: Video Content Management Systems
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 1:29:05 pm

Hi Carla,

I am happy that you found our service, and are correct, all your criteria you mention our system can handle with ease out of the box. If you want, contact me, I can arrange for a web conference & demo of our platform and set you up with a free 15 day trial of out enterprise package.

Hope to hear from you,

Best,
Erik

Erik Freid | MediaSilo, Inc
207 South Street | Third Floor | Boston, MA 02111
t. 617.423.6200, m. 617.306.8632, f. 617.507.8577
http://www.mediaSilo.com

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: Video Content Management Systems
by on Oct 30, 2010 at 9:06:07 pm

You need the support of your business. Talk with your managers, explain your needs and have them talk to your IT dept to come up with a solution. Work with the system; not against it. IT serves the company, not the other way around.

I host my videos through a plain content management system (wordpress) that I've customized to allow me to easily upload and manage videos and have them play. I host them on a basic $6/mo 300gb storage web hosting plan.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video
CorporateVideoSD.com

Return to posts index

Carla CardelloRe: Video Content Management Systems
by on Nov 11, 2010 at 5:12:28 pm

My boss and I talked with IT, and they don't have the capabilites to help us. I work in a manufacturing company, so it's not like they are dedicated to videos like a production house would (if that makes sense).

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: Video Content Management Systems
by on Nov 15, 2010 at 1:13:39 pm

Carla I was in IT for 15 years, both as a consultant and as a department manager. You are correct, the IT department will not be a video production dept as they do not have the requisite knowledge nor time nor staff to do so. However they should facilitate your website.

It is their job to supply the infrastructure for the needs of the business. If the business decides it wants to host its website (or just the training website) locally so that videos can be put on there, then it is their job to setup the server to make that happen. I would not expect them to do any video processing or web development. You'll need someone to put together the web files or content management system. You'll need another person to create the videos. You'll need someone who can manage the whole thing because there will be a lot of people working in conjunction to bridge gaps in their knowledge.

If the above seems too much for you, then you are better off paying for a media management service which will do all of that for you.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video
CorporateVideoSD.com

Return to posts index

Troy MacNeillRe: Video Content Management Systems
by on May 25, 2014 at 12:54:40 am

Hi Cory,
I'm very interested in how you built up your wordpress solution. We're trying to find alternatives to MediaSilo (storage restrictions) and we're now trying one hub, but it's not living up to expectations (user limitations)
Any suggestions would be VERY appreciated!
Thanks a bunch!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]