FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing from Skype

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff YorkCapturing from Skype
by on Sep 29, 2010 at 4:47:47 pm

I recently had a corporate video job come in where there wasn't a way to coordinate getting a video crew to the talking head's location. The client wasn't concerned about video quality anyway since it was for internal use only. Since the talent (really it's an executive from another organization who wouldn't participate if it wasn't "easy" for them to do) had Skype installed and was familiar with it, I decided to set up a Skype call and to record it. I used IShowU and Soundflower to record the conversation into Quicktime for editing in Final Cut. It worked fine, but I was wondering if anyone had a better workflow that I might have been able to use. This might come up again in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Capturing from Skype
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 3:34:17 am

It's that or film the screen....

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Jeff YorkRe: Capturing from Skype
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 12:37:53 pm

No, I'm pretty sure there's other methods.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Capturing from Skype
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 1:45:19 pm

I wish I knew more about how Skype works, but in my ignorance I wonder if it has a setting to record the session to a file, and then you could convert the file for FCP editing use using mpeg streamclip?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 30, 2010 at 6:47:01 pm

Ha not really- it's pretty much screen capture, film the screen or perhaps get a graphics card with some sort of video output. What else were you expecting to hear? Specific screen capture recommendations?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Jeff YorkRe: Capturing from Skype
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 7:40:31 pm

Yes, different screen capture options that perhaps don't need to split the audio and video captures. Maybe ones that people can share first hand experiences with.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 30, 2010 at 8:36:25 pm

Well there's iShowU, Screenflow- also QuickTime Player X has a built-in screen recording option from the File Menu.

Noah

Return to posts index

Greg HahnRe: Capturing from Skype
by on Oct 8, 2010 at 11:46:23 pm

How about SnapzPro X. That might work.

or try this link

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=617363

Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]