FORUMS: list search recent posts

which camera is better?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde villegaswhich camera is better?
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 1:30:05 pm

I'm moving into tapeless acquisition. I'm comparing the Canon Vixia HF S200 and the Panasonic AG-HMC70? The vixia has only 1 sensor but it's 1/2.6 inch; in contrast, panasonic has 3CCDs but are 1/4 inch. The vixia can record up to 24Mbps; Panasonic can only record up to only 13Mbps. Which one is better in low light and provides better colors?

Thanks guys!

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: which camera is better?
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 3:27:47 pm

Hmm- I'd spend a bit of extra time researching. Of all the cameras out there today those are not the two I'd be down to. Sony and Panasonic are releasing interchangeable lens camcorders this Fall- Panasonic AF1000 and Sony VG10.

http://marshalltyler123.blogspot.com/2010/06/panasonics-micro-four-thirds-a...

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/07/20/sony-nex-vg10-interchangeable-lens...

Not too mention all of the DSLR video cameras already such as the Canon 5D M2. Not too mention nice DVCPROHD and XDCAM EX camcorders like the Panasonic 170 and Sony EX1/3. Is there a budget you have in mind for restricting yourself down to those particular cameras?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

clyde villegasRe: which camera is better?
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 9:56:55 pm

Thanks for responding to my question, Noah.

Yes, I'm working on a tight budget so I'm looking for a sub$1000 camera (if not, I'm leaning towards the Panasonic 170). I already bought a DOF adapter, lens, and monitor so I need to be able to use them on my next camera, which is why I'm not looking into buying a DSLR or one of the interchangeable lens camcorders. Also, I'll be buying support rod system, mattebox, and follow focus which will further add to the cost.

I've used the DOF adapter and 50mm f1.4 lens on my Canon XL1 and I'm happy with the image (at least with the brightness). As long as the camera I'm buying is at least equal in light sensitivity with the Canon XL1, I'm happy with it (if it's more light sensitive, I'll be happier); I can tweak the colors later in post.

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: which camera is better?
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 10:16:38 pm

I'd get out of the DOF adapter game entirely- it's really not needed any more. You could sell those items right now, save your Canon lens, get a T2i Rebel for under $1K and have a wayyyy better looking image than you'll ever achieve with a sub-$1000 camcorder and a clunky DOF adapter. Just my $.02. Beyond that, not much differentiation in that price point camcorder wise. Go with whichever one you like ergonomically.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]