FORUMS: list search recent posts

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda CrossAdvice?
by on Aug 29, 2010 at 6:53:33 pm

I'm currently a Senior in college and my major is video production and my minors are business administration and digital art. I would really like to work in corporate video. Is there anything I should really be working on while I'm in school that would help me get a job once I graduate in May? Any advice?

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Advice?
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 2:40:44 am

Study the hell out of intellectual property laws and copyright enforcement, and in two years, you will be having this conversation from the sun deck of your yacht.

Return to posts index

Chris TompkinsRe: Advice?
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 1:23:27 pm

Ya, I was going to say go to medical school or something like that.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Advice?
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 1:39:47 pm

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Advice?
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 3:10:26 pm

If your experience in school is like mine, everyone is making short films for their projects. While they are a lot of fun take the time to do a corporate video instead. Projects like those is what a corporation or company that makes corporate videos wants to see, not a short horror film.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: Advice?
by on Sep 17, 2010 at 2:23:37 am

Contact local corporate production companies NOW. Ask them to let you intern in any capacity. Then be responsive on your phone and show up. If you are awesome, when you graduate they'll probably hire you. If not, you just got 9 months of experience. Put that on your resume and send it to all the other corporate production companies now, or start your own production company. You were watching what they were doing while interning, weren't you?

Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved