FORUMS: list search recent posts

Court Video Deposition Software

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kendall
Court Video Deposition Software
on Jul 6, 2010 at 1:47:01 pm

We have a client who would like us to take a video deposition and the transcript from the deposition and make a split-screen video with the video on one side and the transcript on the other, and have the transcript be highlighted along with what the person giving the deposition is saying.

I know there is some software out there that will do this. Does anyone have experience with this and could give me some suggestions?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Court Video Deposition Software
on Jul 6, 2010 at 2:16:14 pm

LEVA is a great resource for court video-related stuff, especially depositions and indexing software for that. Your first stop should be there.

I think the latest version of Adobe Premiere might be able to help you do this faster, using script-based editing and voice recognition... but really any NLE could make a 2-box, it's just a question of how hard you want to work at entering the text data and synching up the playbacks.

What I would do with the gear I had on hand is, use a subtitling program, feed it the text file from the transcript, and run that along the bottom, aligned by hand to match the video. If the client insisted on side-by side boxes and a full page of text, I would compose a 16x9 picture for this, and feed the transcript into a character generator, to create the sharpest readable text. A little faster way would be to save the transcript as PDF, and treat the PDF pages as single-page graphics. How you would highlight the text could be handled using a wipe effect. This would be exceptionally slow and tedious work, I wouldn't want to have to do it like that for more than a handful of pages.

Microsoft has a streaming video solution that would let you run a box with the talking head shot and a corresponding box for powerpoints. You could assign a powerpoint slide to each page of transcript and synch them that way, one advantage of that system is the boxes are er-sizeable by each viewer/uer, so some can make the text bigger and the talking head smaller, if they want, as an example. Archive that stream to a single video file and youi've "baked" it into a permanenet copy.

Return to posts index

Sean Kendall
Re: Court Video Deposition Software
on Jul 7, 2010 at 8:06:30 pm

Thanks for those suggestions, Mark. I'll check into them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]