FORUMS: list search recent posts

Court Video Deposition Software

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean KendallCourt Video Deposition Software
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 1:47:01 pm

We have a client who would like us to take a video deposition and the transcript from the deposition and make a split-screen video with the video on one side and the transcript on the other, and have the transcript be highlighted along with what the person giving the deposition is saying.

I know there is some software out there that will do this. Does anyone have experience with this and could give me some suggestions?

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Court Video Deposition Software
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 2:16:14 pm

LEVA is a great resource for court video-related stuff, especially depositions and indexing software for that. Your first stop should be there.

I think the latest version of Adobe Premiere might be able to help you do this faster, using script-based editing and voice recognition... but really any NLE could make a 2-box, it's just a question of how hard you want to work at entering the text data and synching up the playbacks.

What I would do with the gear I had on hand is, use a subtitling program, feed it the text file from the transcript, and run that along the bottom, aligned by hand to match the video. If the client insisted on side-by side boxes and a full page of text, I would compose a 16x9 picture for this, and feed the transcript into a character generator, to create the sharpest readable text. A little faster way would be to save the transcript as PDF, and treat the PDF pages as single-page graphics. How you would highlight the text could be handled using a wipe effect. This would be exceptionally slow and tedious work, I wouldn't want to have to do it like that for more than a handful of pages.

Microsoft has a streaming video solution that would let you run a box with the talking head shot and a corresponding box for powerpoints. You could assign a powerpoint slide to each page of transcript and synch them that way, one advantage of that system is the boxes are er-sizeable by each viewer/uer, so some can make the text bigger and the talking head smaller, if they want, as an example. Archive that stream to a single video file and youi've "baked" it into a permanenet copy.

Return to posts index

Sean KendallRe: Court Video Deposition Software
by on Jul 7, 2010 at 8:06:30 pm

Thanks for those suggestions, Mark. I'll check into them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved