FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marketing a production music library

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christine DiMiceli
Marketing a production music library
on Jun 3, 2010 at 6:28:51 pm

Hey all,

I'm new here but looking for some advice. I will be marketing an original production music library for use in television, internal corporate production and film. Really interested in advice on blanket use agreements. The composer group I'm working with has never done blanket agreements but I think it would be a viable business idea for them. Where should we start with pricing?

christine

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Marketing a production music library
on Jun 3, 2010 at 7:26:18 pm

Christine-

You may get some good answers here, but you should also post this same question to the Business & Marketing COW.

If I were in your position I'd start by researching as many other music libraries and their blanket agreements. You might also get a good overview of this by contacting several large audio production facilities, typically big consumers of production music.

Please let us know when you have some samples available for screening.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 4, 2010 at 12:50:31 pm

Also if it's not a huge library you could look into an arrangement with an existing stock music service- tons of sites out there. These days it's a question of how much percentage you're willing to give up. True you could easily do it all yourself and make your own site but the question is how will you market it vs. an established retailer taking their share. There's a tradeoff there...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Christine DiMiceli
on Jun 4, 2010 at 11:27:54 pm

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the advice. They have some work on other sites but are pretty close to launch on their own. It's a bit different in that each piece has anywhere from 5 to 35 bumpers, stingers and alternate mixes to choose from, as well. It'll definitely be an easy to use library. We're pretty excited and think it'll fill a niche and make it super-easy for editors to just pick up what they need and go without spending time doing their own edits and mixes.

Return to posts index

Christine DiMiceli
on Dec 6, 2010 at 11:30:39 pm

OK, after much development and effort to make sure the library is secure. We are live! http://www.perfectchoicemusic.com

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]