FORUMS: list search recent posts

Client Proofing Gallery

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham SykesClient Proofing Gallery
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 4:42:56 pm

Hello all.
The cow has been a great source of info when I need it but now I am asking for more of a suggestion. My situation is that I have a client who wishes to deliver a finalized piece I edited during a meeting via the web.
In the past I have used Microsoft Expressions Media 2 to create an HTML gallery, upload via FTP and then send the link for the gallery to the client. Case closed.
Today however I no longer work for the studio that I was able to to that in and Expressions Media appears to have been given a face lift sans the HTML galleries that used to work so well!
Does anybody have a suggestion or could you tell me how you go about delivering WEB videos for proofing purposes? The HTML upload process was great and I could always pull the old ones off the Server myself to free space for the next uploads. This is better because the agency I work for is operating on a rather small storage capacity. What exists out there that might still allow me to do this if anything? Thanks everybody who responds.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Client Proofing Gallery
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 5:58:17 pm

[Graham Sykes] "operating on a rather small storage capacity"

Graham, there's not much help that can be provided here other than getting a bigger server or renting more third party server space. The later is not all that expensive.

As to the vehicle for on-line "proofing" as you call it, many of us here swear by MediaBatch, a program developed by the Cow's own Marco Solorio. Google it and watch the demos. Frankly after using it for a couple of years we, and our clients, couldn't live without it.

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Client Proofing Gallery
by on May 6, 2010 at 6:54:42 pm

vimeo is free and allows you to password protect approvals.
I've always used my own space but more and more today, I just use vimeo.

Return to posts index

Andy StintonRe: Client Proofing Gallery
by on May 8, 2010 at 9:35:45 pm

Media Batch is the way to go .I was a bit cynical to start with but now I have clients singing the praises of the system.

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

Rob NeidigRe: Client Proofing Gallery
by on May 29, 2010 at 5:54:41 pm

I had checked out Vimeo for this use, but their terms and conditions specifically prohibit this type of commercial use. I'm sure others use it this way, but we have chosen to look at sites that specifically cater to client proofing uses.

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Bob KingRe: Client Proofing Gallery
by on Jun 3, 2010 at 4:17:23 am

This is what we use.

You upload to Sorenson and they provide cloud based delivery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved