FORUMS: list search recent posts

Submitting a corporate video for comment?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil MyersSubmitting a corporate video for comment?
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 6:06:43 am

I am a relative newbie to Creative Cow. First, let me give credit where credit is due. This board has already seriously helped me several times. I am really impressed with the experience and intelligence on Creative Cow.

So, as a newbie, I have a question. Do people every submit their work for constructive criticism? I would be very interested (and a little nervous) about the collective feedback I might get, but I don't known if that "is done" or how to do it.

Neil Myers
Connect Public Relations
CS4 Master Suite, 3DS

Return to posts index

Timothy J. AllenRe: Submitting a corporate video for comment?
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 6:53:58 pm

First let me say "Welcome"! We are really glad you are here. People do submit videos for critique from time to time, usually by posting it to a website and posting a link to the URL here.

If you have a thick skin, it can be a great way of getting valuable feedback. Just remember - it's what your client thinks that's most important. (We video guys sometimes tend to focus on details that not every client will notice.)

If you post something for review, it helps us to know a little about the intended goal of the piece. Hopefully the goal would be obvious, but summarizing the intent really helps us gauge effectiveness.

If you are looking for technical critique, well... that's a little easier and less subjective. We all have different backgrounds and budgets and may have different paths to achieving the same things, but that may also give you food for thought on new ways to approach common production challenges.

So yes - by all means - as long as it's not proprietary info, you should feel comfortable posting. Most of us won't bite. Not enough to break the skin anyway. ;-)

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Submitting a corporate video for comment?
by on Apr 2, 2010 at 2:42:02 pm

There is a feedback section to upload videos on the COW if you want:

Then post the link in this forum with your question.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Submitting a corporate video for comment?
by on Apr 4, 2010 at 3:46:35 am

Sure but be sure to couch it in what sort of feedback you are looking for. Do you just want an atta boy or are you asking specific technical, editorial, aesthetic feedback? Everyone of course has their own take and at the end of the day it's only the folks who pay for this stuff who truly matter.

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Santanu BhattacharjeeRe: Submitting a corporate video for comment?
by on May 4, 2010 at 4:47:29 am

Yeah, at the end its the folk who pay matter. Most often the guy signing the check screws my mind, creativity to his taste.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved