FORUMS: list search recent posts

Have your Corporate video Prices come down since Recession?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin RossiterHave your Corporate video Prices come down since Recession?
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 9:34:50 am

Have your Corporate video Prices come down since Recession?

Mine have.

By 25% I'd reckon, though it does vary.

Reductions have come about in three ways:

> Greater efficiencies

> Slightly reduced marketing spend

> Accepting reduced profits.

This has meant we've kept up a steady flow of work, so - so far - we're not threatened.

Anyone else had this experience?

Anyone put their prices up since recession?

Your experiences welcome.

thanx = kevin

Rossiter & Co Video Multimedia Web for Business
http://www.rossiterandco.com

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Have your Corporate video Prices come down since Recession?
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 2:29:59 pm

[Kevin Rossiter] "Have your Corporate video Prices come down since Recession?"

Price sensitivity has certainly spiked. Our responses so far have been a sharply scaled-up new business effort directed not just at new people but also at new markets. We've also utilized the creation of more "package" deals -- much like what I see on your site Kevin. (Which is brilliant, BTW.)

Return to posts index

Kevin RossiterRe: Have your Corporate video Prices come down since Recession?
by on Jan 27, 2010 at 4:59:44 pm

Thanx for the kind words, Nick.

Only today I offered an existing customer a discount deal and he said it was still too dear, and implied he'd look further (shrug)

Business is fairly brisk, but prices are still low. We can make ends meet, and still go on holiday etc ...

... but the villa? Forget it :) :) :)

kevin

Rossiter & Co Video Multimedia Web for Business
http://www.rossiterandco.com

Return to posts index

Simon WyndhamRe: Have your Corporate video Prices come down since Recession?
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 9:38:32 am

One thing that seems apparent to me is that many potential clients aren't aware of the following.

If the video has a purpose for being it will either:
1. make the company more money than it cost to produce.
2. save more money than it cost to produce.

Many clients only seem to see the price. I see many production companies on a price reduction spree, but in real terms such reductions don't really make much of a dent in the ROI over the lifespan of the video. So I think better client education is in order.

I've been finding out recently that many companies simply haven't thought of using video. It isn't that they have thought it too expensive, but that they simply hadn't thought of it, full stop.

I also think that because of the number of students a new, cheap as chips companies, we have to offer something a cut above. A camera on a tripod simply doesn't cut it any more. While I would never suggest eye candy over content, clients *do* like to see their money on screen. Effective lighting, and I mean effective lighting, like you would find on network TV, jibs, Steadicam.

I am moving heavily into the latter because it not only allows me to cover more ground, more quickly, during shoots, but it also gives a high end polished look to things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]