FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rode Videomic or Rode SVM

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin LeybaRode Videomic or Rode SVM
by on Jan 9, 2010 at 4:56:29 pm

What is a better microphone for my Sony HDR-Fx7 camera? I've been looking at Rode Videomic and the Rode Stereo Videomic. Suggestions? Or if there is any mic better than the 2 within the price range is good. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jeff BonanoRe: Rode Videomic or Rode SVM
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 2:23:43 pm

I guess it kinda depends on what you are using it for Justin. I actually use a Rode Videomic and a Rode NTG-2 for my mic setup. I have used the videomic for on board camera use and boom use and have been impressed with the quality for both considering the price. The NTG-2 has some good studio quality sound too. Of course it also depends on the input plug you require. The Videomic is a 3.5 mini jack and operates on a 9v battery while the NTG-2 is XLR that I use with phantom power but can use a AA battery.

As far as the Stereomic is concerned I look at it as a better version of the built in camera mic on your camera. It has a good sound to it from testing it, but I didn't like how it picked up more shock sound. I went with the videomic instead because I didn't notice as much of a difference.

Jeff Bonano

"I want to have a cool quote at the bottom of my signature, just like everyone else on the cow forum!" -Jeff Bonano

Return to posts index

Justin LeybaRe: Rode Videomic or Rode SVM
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 9:52:18 pm

cool! thnx!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved