FORUMS: list search recent posts

One Camera but more than one wireless mic

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al HerrOne Camera but more than one wireless mic
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 8:02:21 pm

Hello all,

I am using a Sony PDX 10 which has XLR connector/box on top. I am to videotape a presentation with several speakers but I only have one wireless mic. But will rent another.

The speakers don't want to hand off ONE wireless mic from speaker to speaker due to the delay so the next speaker will wear wireless #2. I would save the other line for ambient/house sound from the podium.

I was thinking of just changing back and forth from one wireless receiver to the other at the camera, plugging the "new" one into the XLR connector unless someone can think of a better way.

I may not have explained it well.
Thanks,
Al

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Jason JenkinsRe: One Camera but more than one wireless mic
by on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:13:01 am

Using a portable audio mixer would make it easier. Just feed both wireless receivers into the mixer and the output into your camera. Then you can mute/switch/adjust your sources as needed.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Al HerrRe: One Camera but more than one wireless mic
by on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:25:42 am

Thanks Jason.
I'll see if I can get one.

Al

Return to posts index

Gav BottRe: One Camera but more than one wireless mic
by on Nov 11, 2009 at 12:59:12 am

How valuable is the ambient?

For me in most cases - not very YMMV.......

You have 2 xlr ports right there - can use the "off cam" wirelss for ambient - changing xlr's mid presentation doesn't sound good to me, and with only 2 mics that look to be realy important I wouldn't go for a seperate mixer on something liek this myself.

The Brit in Brisbane
The Pomme in Production - Brisbane Australia.

Return to posts index

Al HerrRe: One Camera but more than one wireless mic
by on Nov 11, 2009 at 4:57:02 pm

You know Gav, that is a good idea....
Why do any switching....
The speakers will already be switching with speaker 2 giving his mic to speaker 3 while speaker one 1 speaks into a mic that goes to the room (ambient).

Wonder if that could be a problem with a speaker wearing a wireless while speaking into a regular mic that goes to the entire room/audience???

But I think I will do your idea. Less equip.
thanks,
Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]