FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Reel Presentation Question

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James ZesmickVideo Reel Presentation Question
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 5:50:24 pm

Hi all,

I have a question about presenting a bunch of video files for an upcoming conference:

I've received approximately 10 quicktime-based files that are supposed to be shown as a reel at the start of the conference. These files all vary in resolution, aspect ratio, and codec.

Since some of these codec don't play nicely with FCP, I would prefer to not have to convert the files, make a timeline, render, etc. And I would also prefer not to make a dvd as most of the videos are HD-quality, so to compress them for the sake of convenience seems silly.

Are there any suggestions for a solution to display these videos "as-is" with minimal user input? Basically, I'm thinking something along the lines of an itunes playlist (I realize that itunes can do this. But there are flaws in that software for this purpose). I think there has to be an easy solution since this must come up often in these settings.

Since I will not have access to the machine that's being operated during the presentation, I need to know: is there's a way I can make this presentation as close to a one-click solution as possible? Is itunes my only option? Should I make a video-based powerpoint or keynote presentation? Am I just going to have to bite the bullet and convert the files, import into FCP, deal with the render times, and make one large qt file?

Any mac-based suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Video Reel Presentation Question
by on Nov 10, 2009 at 3:00:32 pm

[James Zesmick] "Am I just going to have to bite the bullet and convert the files, import into FCP, deal with the render times, and make one large qt file?"

Short answer, yes.

Longer answer, you are dealing with two incompatible goals: 1) Less work for you versus 2) Simplicity and ease of use for the playback operator. Unless somebody here can come up with a genius solution I think you have little choice than to put it all together in a single show. Just make sure you're getting paid to do it.

Return to posts index

Matthew ChiumentoRe: Video Reel Presentation Question
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 8:57:48 pm

Try Flip for Mac, or Mpeg Stream clip and re-save the files with the same extention. Its a reach but might just work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]