FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video in Power Point 2007 Issue

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathie BrownVideo in Power Point 2007 Issue
by on Oct 18, 2009 at 3:31:26 pm

I am working with a Power Point producer and have provided 9 video clips for a Power Point 2007 presentation. The videos have been encoded as .wmv files. Here are the playback issues we're having. The first 7 videos play back-to-back--but are separate videos to allow the presentor time to talk about them. They are short--20 seconds to max 5 minutes. When the slide containing the video comes on, there is a still frame of the image. When you advance the Power Point to play the video, it is noticeably darker. I could live with this. The big issue is when you advance to the next video and play it, there is a brief still frame of the previous video before the current video plays. I'm wondering if you need to have blank slides in between? Has anyone expereinced this issue? Thanks in advance for any tips. The project is due Wednesday!

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Video in Power Point 2007 Issue
by on Oct 19, 2009 at 3:48:30 am

The blank slides sound like a good idea, and perhaps you can set them with a fast duration and nobody will notice. I have never seen anyone have really good luck putting video in powerpoint personally, though I'm sure it has happened, and so often I will ask if it isn't easier to flip things around and make a DVD with chapters and put the slides in the DVD as video.

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: Video in Power Point 2007 Issue
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 3:13:53 am

Hi Kathie,

I have produced quite a few video segments for PowerPoint. You can get rid of the video still frame issue by encoding the videos with a second of black before and after the content. The only downside is that you can't see what is on a slide just by glancing at it, because it displays only black.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Thomas LeongRe: Video in Power Point 2007 Issue
by on Oct 29, 2009 at 2:12:15 pm

Haven't tried this myself but you may want to have a look at -
PFC PRO for Powerpoint

Return to posts index

Matthew ChiumentoRe: Video in Power Point 2007 Issue
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 8:56:17 pm

I always try to do a title side, to give the speak free range of time to set up the video. My biggest problem is people sending the power point and the video gets left in a source file some where on the server.

Flip for Mac has done a great job with compression for WMVs, I still hate power point for anything. Round these parts we call them decks..
And people use them everything, even in place of Word sometimes.

I was able to do some presentations and interactive CDs last year utilizing Adobe PDF format. Great stuff but takes a bit of programing and patience.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved