FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD/CD duplicators and printers

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark MillerDVD/CD duplicators and printers
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 3:43:35 pm

Hey everyone, I work at a company that primarily does sports but has been moving into some corporate clients. As a result, we have started doing more disc printing and duplication. We currently have the Rimage 360i...which can be a giant pain. It suitable for smaller orders but we do a lot of 4 color dups and prints and the printing takes too long. We usually get orders between 100 and 500 discs.

I looked up some other rimage models and all the ink jet based ones(our primary client likes the ink jet look as opposed to what you get with an everest style print) and based off of reviews I read, the newer rimage systems don't seem to be that much better.

Could anyone give a recommendation for duplicator/printer?

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: DVD/CD duplicators and printers
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 7:57:24 pm

We use a combination of Rimage and Primera Bravo pro printer/dubbers, and frankly I like them both. For our biggest jobs we use a 10x slot tower stand-alone copier by Microboards, then we let the Primeras just do the printing.

Return to posts index

Kevin SioRe: DVD/CD duplicators and printers
by on Oct 16, 2009 at 4:50:12 pm

I use 2 Primera Bravo Pros and 1 older Primera Signature IV. The Bravos are slicker and faster but the Signature keeps on ticking. I just the other day saw that Primera is making a large job accessory for the Bravo Pro that allows (I think) 350 DVDs duped and printed "unattended." Tho anybody that does this knows that rarely can you walk away and get a large job finished with out some hand holding.

I have been very happy with Primera's tech support, both on-line, on the phone and repair work.

Kevin Sio
Corporate Affairs
National Grid

Return to posts index

Ron HersheyRe: DVD/CD duplicators and printers
by on Oct 19, 2009 at 3:32:26 am

We are a Rimage VAR and could certainly help you with anything Rimage related. However, another potentially good choice that we can offer is the All Pro line - up to 400 discs throughput, ink jet print (or thermal option) and 3 year warranty on the robotics. Contact me if you are interested in more info on Rimage or All Pro.

Ron Hershey
Resource Data Products, Inc.

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: DVD/CD duplicators and printers
by on Nov 28, 2009 at 11:26:19 pm

Primera Bravo's here. We have three of them so with 20 disc loads we can be cranking out 60 at a time. Goes pretty good, but up to 500 it can take a while and the biggest pain is changing ink mid stream. Wish that was an easier workflow.

But the prints look great and they have been nice little workhorses.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production and Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved